About the Scholarship
Vahani scholarship is a not-for-profit organisation working to further the education and prospects of children from underprivileged backgrounds in India. Its mission is to send Indian students who come from extenuating and unfortunate circumstances to the top universities across India.
They take a two-pronged approach: full financial support combined with on-going personal mentorship. By creating a close-knit community of scholars with exceptional talent, the organisation hopes to create leaders who will be the inspiration and agents of change in their local communities.
Vahani was founded in 2014 and currently has 83 students in higher education across India. It has a stated mission to: facilitate education to 30 children per year from India by funding and training them to attend the top universities across India.
- The scholarship is open for students studying in the 12th grade and who will appear for the Board Examination next year, who have scored 85% or above in 10th and 11th Board Examinations and are applying for an undergraduate degree in India.
- It is a merit cum mean scholarship, the applicant’s family annual income should be less than 1.5 lac per annum. The applicant should have scored 85% or above in the 11th standard and 10th Board Examination.
- Vahani Scholarship will support the scholar’s full tuition fee for the entire duration of the course.
- The scholar receives a fixed stipend as travel allowance, College Textbooks, hostel/PG rent, in case the scholar moves out and food.
- In addition, the scholar receives a stipend to purchase a laptop and fully covered return journey back and forth from home once in a year.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
- For the Official Notification, Click Here
- Last Date to Apply: 1st Dec 2020
Incase of any queries, Contact:
- Email: [email protected]
Posting 10+ Educational Opportunities daily: