UPSC is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the job posts of public prosecutor.
The Union Public Service Commission, commonly abbreviated as UPSC, is India’s premier central recruitment agency for recruiting all Group ‘A’ officers under the Government of India.
It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for the Group ‘A’ posts of several central government establishments which also includes the central public sector undertakings and the central autonomous bodies.
About the Opportunity
UPSC is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the job title of the public prosecutor.
- Anywhere in India.
Number of Vacancies
- 48 (Forty-Eight)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Public Prosecutor will perform all such duties which are allotted by the Deputy Legal Adviser / Senior Public Prosecutor in consultation with the Head of the Branch.
- Public Prosecutor will conduct the prosecution of cases, allotted by the Senior Public Prosecutor.
- PP will submit Court diaries and keep the Senior Public Prosecutor and Head of the Branch informed of all developments in cases.
- Public Prosecutor will ensure the maintenance of records and registers and prepare such statements, returns, and reports as may be directed by the Senior Public Prosecutor or Head of the Branch.
- Public Prosecutor will give comments on Final Reports.
- The senior Public Prosecutor of the Branch will conduct an inspection of Malkhana in case no Senior Public Prosecutor is posted in the branch.
- Degree in Law from a recognized University.
- Seven years’ practice at the Bar in conducting criminal cases.
- Note: The Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission, for reasons to be recorded in writing, in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
- Rs. 56100-177500.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can Click here to apply for the Internship program.
- Application Deadline: April 27, 2023.