Phonepe is inviting applications for the post of Legal Associate (Contract Management) at its Bengaluru office.
PhonePe is an Indian digital payments and financial services company headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. PhonePe was founded in December 2015, by Sameer Nigam, Rahul Chari, and Burzin Engineer. The PhonePe app, based on the Unified Payments Interface, went live in August 2016.
About the Opportunity
This is an on-site job opportunity related to contract management role.
- Bengaluru, India
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop a commercial understanding of the business and each product line for risk assessment including what is mandatorily required under various regulations for financial services products like insurance and mutual funds.
- Provide expert & strategic legal advice on various aspects of the business to management on optimizing the contracting process, stamping, e-sign, repository access, etc.
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action as the business is large, has PAN India operations and offices, ability to anticipate issues and estimate risks, and identifies proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Process: Communications with relevant counterparties / external counsels for contract finalization.
- Systematize the contracting process, TAT expectations, repository, and retrieval process.
- Establish an auditable and robust process for renewals and monitoring of key requirements of contracts.
- Deployment of technology-based solutions and tools to make the end-to-end contracting process efficient, effective, and best in class as to the quality of drafting and risk mitigation.
- Keep abreast of legislative change & maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation to continue to improve contract versions.
- LL. B/ LLM.
- Minimum 6 years post-qualification experience.
- Have strong drafting and communication skills.
- Exposure to a variety of contracts – Complex IT /software development, licensing, real estate to a variety of vendors, suppliers, employees, and service contracts – both revenue and expense line contracts.
- Overall good legal knowledge (corporate law, employment laws, business laws, data privacy practices, info sec standards, etc). Exposure to regulatory compliance and litigation is good to have but not mandatory.
- Expectations other than qualification & technical experience:
- Committed and ready to work under pressure.
- A high degree of professional ethics and integrity, excellent judgment, analytical skills, and good interpersonal skills.
- Insurance Benefits – Medical Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Accidental Insurance, Life Insurance
- Wellness Program – Employee Assistance Program, Onsite Medical Center, Emergency Support System
- Parental Support – Maternity Benefit, Paternity Benefit Program, Adoption Assistance Program, Day-care Support Program
- Mobility Benefits – Relocation benefits, Transfer Support Policy, Travel Policy
- Retirement Benefits – Employee PF Contribution, Flexible PF Contribution, Gratuity, NPS, Leave Encashment
- Other Benefits – Higher Education Assistance, Car Lease, Mobile & Broadband Reimbursements, Salary Advance Policy
How to Apply?
- CLICK HERE, to apply for the recruitment.