About the Organisation
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading provider of news and information-based tools to professionals. Our worldwide network of journalists and specialist editors keep customers up to speed on global developments, with a particular focus on legal, regulatory and tax changes.
About the Opportunity
Reuters is looking for bright, detail-orientated people to join its team of operations analysts in Bangalore. You will be part of a News Support Team that forms the backbone of Reuters news management.
The News Support Team provides critical support to ensure our news operations run smoothly; our stories are resourced appropriately; we have the right staff in the right places at the right time; and that our staff are safe throughout the world.As an operations analyst, you will provide critical support for a variety of functions including:
- Permissioning requests on pics and video
- Customer queries
- News research
- Newsplanning assistance
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new team that has made a real impact in freeing up resources across our news operation. You’ll need to be comfortable using spreadsheets and working diplomatically via email and phone to resolve problems and ensure our processes are running efficiently. An interest in news and an understanding of journalism is highly desirable as there will be opportunities to assist with updating newsplanning calendars, answering customer queries and helping journalists with database searches. You must be willing to work evening and overnight shifts.
Key Deliverables & Accountabilities
- Answer queries from Refinitiv customers about news stories
- Update newsplanning calendars as required
- Assist with news database searches
- Ensure all reports are accurate, current and easily accessible when needed
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Effective at managing multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to use database search tools
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter and willing to identify opportunities to improve processes
- Willingness to work in rotational shifts, 24/5 operations
How to Apply
- CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION & APPLICATION.