About Rhodes Scholarship
Rhodes Scholarship, a fully-funded program, is intended for international students beginning PG programs at the University of Oxford. Recipients are provided with the scholarship for the duration of the Oxford postgraduate program.
- Every year, the university awards 100 Rhodes Scholarships to students coming to study in the UK for the first time.
- Separate scholarship application form has to be completed on the official website of Rhodes Trust.
- Selections are based on academic performance, personal statement, and performance in the interview.
- Rhodes Scholarship application will begin from June 1, 2021 and close on August 2, 2021.
Rhodes Scholarship will cover the recipient’s tuition fee, travel expenses (2 economy class tickets), health insurance, and accommodation expenses to stay in the UK. Furthermore, recipients will get a monthly stipend. For the academic year 2020/21, the stipend offered will be GBP 15,900 per annum i.e, GBP 1,325 per month.
|Scholarship Type||Merit-Based, College-Specific|
|Application Deadline||Aug 02 ,2021|
|No. of Scholarships||100|
|International Students |
To secure benefits of the Rhodes Scholarship, applicants must be admitted at the University of Oxford. Apart from that, applicants must fulfill the eligibility requirements listed below:
- Nationality: Citizen of a Rhodes eligible country such as India, Australia, Germany, Singapore, etc.
- Education: Completed education from your home country for at least 4 years in the last 10 years.
- For example, Indian applicants could have completed their 10/12th standard and/or UG program at an Indian university.
- Age: Between the age group of 19 to 25 years, at the time of the scholarship application.
- Academic Achievement: Completed or will complete the UG degree with first class.
The Rhodes Scholarship selection committee will evaluate the scholarship application form and student supporting documents (including attempted exams to study in the UK) of each applicant. The selections are mainly based on the interview sessions. These will take place in different parts:
- The panel invites shortlisted candidates for two sessions which are conducted in a single day in Delhi.
- Session 1: Preliminary Session
- Session 2: Personal Interview
- Each candidate is required to attend both sessions. The committee will shortlist candidates and invite them for the next half of the Rhodes Scholarship selection process.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to social engagement and a final interview will be conducted by the committee. After this, the committee will make the final decision.
- Recipients will be informed of their selection via email. However, their Rhodes Scholarship will be confirmed only upon successful admission to the University of Oxford.
- Through the Rhodes Scholarship program, the University of Oxford offers 100 scholarships for students across the world.
- For an international students reference, we have tabulated below the number of scholarships for each country:
|Country/Territory||Number of Scholarships|
|Hong Kong Sar||1|
|Jamaica and the Commonwealth Caribbean||2|
|Saudi Arabia||Up to 2|
|Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and Palestine||2|
|United Arab Emirates||32|
How to Apply
- Interested Candidates can apply for the Scholarship by Clicking HERE
- For the Unofficial Guide, prepared by some Indian Rhodes Scholars to ensure that all applicants have equal access to sufficient guidance for preparing the statements supporting their application for the Rhodes Scholarships for India, Click HERE
- For the Rhodes Official Notification,Click HERE
- Last Date to Apply: 2nd August 2021