Application are invited from eligible candidates for the post of District Project Officer under the project Involvement of Youth in Namami Gange Program and supported by National Mission for Clean Ganga, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Govt. of India.
The project aims to contribute towards abatement of pollution and conservation of Ganga through youth and public participation in 2935 villages along river Ganga in 26 districts of five states of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
- 1. Howrah, 2. Malda, 3. Nadia, 4. North 24 Paraganas and 5. Purba Medinipur
Roles and Responsibilities
- Planning, management & supporting the implementation of the project in the respective district of West Bengal.
- Maintaining & collating data of mapping & survey of selected villages of selected Gram Panchayats in respective district of West Bengal.
- Acting as resource person in the training of spearhead team wherever required.
- Thoroughly understanding the concept, objectives, strategy, programmes & activities of the project.
- Organising programmes and activities with consultation and guidance of concerned Officer of NYK, District Office of West Bengal.
- Recording day to day problem and queries of the district functionaries and providing solutions in consultation with District Youth Officer of the concerned district.
- Formation of Youth Clubs & Ganga Doots in Ganga Grams under the project.
- Preparing reporting format and collecting data on programme and activities under the project in the district.
- Collating the data on programmes & activities under the project in the district.
- Maintaining records of all programmes and activities of the district under the project.
- Planning & arrangements of programmes & activities & keeping record for presentation in the district.
- Whenever required, liaise with NYKS State Office, Kolkata, West Bengal, DYOs and Youth Clubs etc.
- Preparing & reporting the progress of the project activities on monthly basis to NYKS State Office, Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Organization of review & planning meeting on regular basis.
- Compilation of all electronic data received from Youth clubs and Villages of the district and its reporting to NYKS State Office, Kolkata, West Bengal on regular basis (weekly)
- Preparing presentation (Power point) for NYKS State Office, Kolkata, West Bengal on achievements & progress of the project.
- Preparing physical & financial progress report of the project on monthly basis, quarterly and yearly basis of the district.
- Any other important issues pertaining to the successful organization of the project.
- Any other responsibility delegated by Competent Authority from time to time.
- Graduate degree in any discipline from recognized university
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 2 yrs working experience on education and awareness generation programmes on cleanliness drive, water bodies, prevention of pollution of Water bodies (Preferably in River Ganga) & sanitation, Swachh Bharat Mission, Environment enrichment, Youth Mobilization, motivating people for construction of toilets in their homes & behavior change communication etc.
- Good Working knowledge of MS office & internet.
- Strong management, liaison, documentation & communication skills.
- Maximum 35 yrs (As on 01.01.2021)
- Consolidated honorarium of Rs. 33,000/- per month.
Type of Engagement
- Fixed Term duration till December, 2021 only- initially three months and extendable till December, 2021 under the project on consolidated Monthly remuneration.
- The work will be evaluated on monthly basis by District Youth Officer and if not found satisfactory the engagement may be terminated with one month notice in advance or one month salary in lieu of notice.
- Eligible Candidate (after screening the applications) will be called for Personal Interview.
How to Apply?
- Complete applications of eligible candidates in all respect must reach to respective District Youth Officer latest by 02.07.2021.
- Incomplete applications without supporting documents /applications received after the last date will be rejected and no communication will be made/entertained in this regard.
- Last Date to Apply: July 2, 2021
- For the Official Notification, Click HERE
- For any query you may contact State Director, NYKS, West Bengal at 033-25330026.