About the Organization:
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. They are considered one of the Big Four technology companies, alongside Amazon, Apple and Facebook.
About the Job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
In this role, you’ll help shape Google’s policy efforts in India relating to privacy, data governance, e-commerce and related areas. You will coordinate cross-functionally to execute our policy strategy, develop our external narrative around key policy challenges, and advise product teams through the public policy lens. You’ll develop, organize, manage, and communicate plans, initiatives, and strategy, while tracking various regulatory proposals and analyzing their potential impact on Google’s business.
- Gurugram, Haryana, India
- Work closely with Legal, Marketing, PR and the global Government Affairs and Public Policy teams to evaluate impact on Google’s business and develop policy positions.
- Engage directly with policymakers, industry players and key opinion formers to shape policy and political discussion on issues around privacy and data governance.
- Build a network of trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups and others to support policies that will help create/maintain a user-focused online environment as well as an open Internet.
- Develop and execute policy strategy in a way that benefits Google’s users, our business and the wider web.
- Develop resources to support global teams that work with trade associations, industry partners, non-profits and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience working on technology policy issues within government, think tanks, corporate public policy or relevant industry associations
- 10 years of public policy experience
- Experience working in/with government agencies and engaging with senior government officials in formal capacities, working at a global technology company, and/or working at an industry association/public policy advisory, consulting or law firm
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and the policy environments that surround them
- Familiarity with laws and regulations in India, including the Information Technology Act, Personal Data Protection Bill, and Consumer Protection Act
How to Apply
- To Apply for the position, Click Here