The Commonwealth Secretariat is proud to be supporting youth empowerment through our newly created Young Professionals Programme (YPP). The YPP creates multiple opportunities for talented and qualified young people from across the Commonwealth to contribute to core work through the transference of technical expertise, innovative ideas, specialist knowledge and fresh perspectives.
Reporting to the Head or Section, Climate Change, the scope of work of this role centres around research and analysis, report drafting and stakeholder engagement.
Among the responsibilities encompassed in this role includes (but are not limited to):
- Conducting desk-based research on the themes and implementation plan action areas.
- Support in development of a technical reports to form the basis for the drafting and finalization of the Commonwealth Living Lands Charter.
- Stakeholder engagement – the identification and interview of key stakeholders as part of the consultation process on the Living Lands Charter including technical agencies, High Commissioners and relevant line ministries of member countries.
- Presentation of findings.
- The acting person would be rewarded with £29,070 pa and many other benefits.
- Must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country aged 27 years or younger at the time applications close
- Must have a degree in a relevant field such as Agriculture, Forestry and Land Use Management, Water Management, Environmental Economics, Climate Change, and Natural Resource Management or any other closely related field, along with a relevant work experience in environment and climate change
- Must have at least one year of demonstrated work experience in supporting policy dialogue and cross-institutional collaboration, including with representatives of government and non-government partners.
- Understanding of issues related to climate change policies, land, biodiversity, indigenous people and animal husbandry is also essential.
Eligible Regions: Commonwealth countries (including India)
How to Apply
- Interested candidates can apply by clicking here
- For Official Notification, Click here
- Application Deadline: January 11, 2021