The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), New Delhi is organizing an Online Women Entrepreneurship Development Program from January 18 to February 15, 2021.
The Women Entrepreneurship Development Programme (WEDP) sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt of India aims at training the S&T graduates and diploma holders in the essentials of conceiving, planning, initiating, and launching an economic activity or an enterprise successfully.
The Energy and Resources Institute is a research institute in New Delhi that specializes in the fields of energy, environment, and sustainable development. Established in 1974, it was formerly known as the Tata Energy Research Institute.
Many women after competing studies face difficulties in dealing with the general management of a business and more specifically with such aspects as credit applications, marketing of products or services, and general management. Many small family-owned businesses would benefit if the women behind them had better access to advisory services and training to help them improve their skills as they normally play the most important role.
In this training program, with the help of well-trained experts, women’s trainees will be helped in identifying the right business idea for them and develop the necessary knowledge and skills so that they will be able to evaluate a project idea and if found suitable they will be able to execute and run it successfully.
Besides that, they will be also provided technical training on solar technologies with the help of TERI and external experts.
- Bachelor Degree/ Diploma in Science/ Engineering/ Technology
- Age should be between 21-35 years
- Women only
- Entrepreneurship – Concept and Present Scenario
- Identification of Business Opportunities
- Project Identification and Opportunity Guidance
- Market Survey
- Intellectual Property Right (IPR)
- Role of Supporting Agencies and Schemes
- Role of Financial Institutions and Banks
- Motivation Training
- Technical and Financial Aspects
- Business Plan/ Project Report Preparation
- Managerial Aspects
- Online Experience Sharing with Entrepreneurs
- Lecture, Interaction, Case Studies, Group Exercises, Industry Visits, Experience sharing and Interaction with entrepreneurs
- With the Inputs provided in the form of Knowledge, Information, and Experience sharing, the participants will be able to conceive ideas, develop the idea into a product/ service, evaluate the project and implement the entrepreneurial venture.
- In each WEDP 25-30 potential entrepreneurs having a degree/diploma in S&T are trained through a structured training program of 4 weeks duration. Trainees are selected based on the information provided in the google registration form and personal interview to assess their potential of becoming entrepreneurs.
- During the training period, participants also get to know the intricacies of how to start and manage an enterprise. In the end, they are assisted in preparing a detailed business plan.
- It is a free course.
- Online (through Google Meet Platform).
How to Apply
Point of Contact
Ms. Reeta Sharma, Program Coordinator, Knowledge Resource Centre (KRC)
TERI, New Delhi
Tel: 91-11-2468 2100, 2111
Email: [email protected]