About the American India Foundation (AIF):
The American India Foundation is dedicated to enhancing the lives of India’s underprivileged, with a special focus on women, children, and youth. AIF achieves this through impactful interventions in education, health, and livelihoods, recognizing that poverty is a multi-dimensional challenge. Our unique strength lies in fostering extensive collaboration between communities, civil society, and expertise, thereby creating a lasting bridge between the United States and India. With offices in New York and California, twelve chapters across the U.S., and our India operations headquartered in Delhi NCR, AIF has touched the lives of 12.9 million individuals across 35 states and Union Territories in India.
About the Program – Learning and Migration Program (LAMP):
The Learning and Migration Program (LAMP) works diligently with children vulnerable to seasonal distress migration. We facilitate their access to seasonal hostels, quality education opportunities, provide teacher training, and empower communities on the Right to Education Act (2009).
Our technical partnerships with State Governments enable us to replicate successful models in other migration-affected regions. Since our inception in 2006, LAMP has positively impacted 940,566 at-risk children, providing them with quality education opportunities. We’ve guided 3,269 villages across 17 States and Union Territories in India to eliminate barriers to quality education.
Brief Overview of the Project:
The project support for LAMP is implemented using the LAMP core model, involving School/community-based Learning Resource Centres and a cluster approach. Project spans over 360+ villages/communities, initially across 5 states in the first year, consolidating to 4 states from the 2nd year to the 4th year. The project targets children from migration-affected or migration-prone areas who will be enrolled in the LEP and LCP programs at the Learning Resource Centres (LRCs).
About the Role
- Position: Project Lead
- Organization: American India Foundation
- Location: Bhubaneswar/Raipur
- Reporting Relationship: Reports to Head of Operations, LAMP
- Nature of Employment: Fixed Term Staff
- Position Number: 1
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop an operating plan & goals with a detailed project plan for on-time project delivery.
- Ensure accountability for timely execution of project activities and operating plans as per organizational standards.
- Analyze project risks and implement changes for goal attainment.
- Seek approvals proactively from relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate project documentation, including contracts, budgets, expenses, fund utilization, and administrative matters.
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements, including labor laws, taxation, audits, POSH, Child protection, and more.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-graduation with a specialization in education-themed social development projects/program management or social entrepreneurship.
- Minimum 5 years of experience, including 2 years as a project leader/manager with direct accountability for projects up to INR 50 lakhs.
- Prior experience in consulting, strategic communication, fundraising, or research is preferred.
- Strong commitment to serving the underprivileged.
- High personal integrity.
- Excellent PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Proficiency in written and verbal English.
- Strong time management, multitasking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Adaptability and openness to feedback.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment.
- Strong team player with a “can do” attitude.
- Independent worker with initiative.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and respond positively to feedback.
- Respect for diverse points of view.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Initial fixed-term contract for one year, renewable based on performance.
How to Apply?
- CLICK HERE for the Official Notification.
- To apply for this position, please click here and share your details and resume in the prescribed format.
- CLICK HERE to Join Opportunity Cell Groups to receive updates on various opportunities!
- Book our Career Counseling & Mentoring Services to Increase your Selection Chances,BOOK NOW!