About the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)
The Ministry of External Affairs of India, a.k.a the Foreign Ministry, is the government agency responsible for the conduct of foreign relations of India. The Ministry comes under the Government of India and is responsible for India’s representation in the United Nations.
About the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Internships
As part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations to commemorate 75 years of independence, the Ministry of External Affairs is launching the first edition of the MEA Internships Programme.
The MEA Internship Policy 2022 aims to take foreign policy closer to the people; bring in more focus on MEA; provide more value to the interns; ensure better gender inclusivity and increase diversity in terms of qualifications, domicile and socio-economic status amongst the cohort of interns engaged by the Ministry.
Join our Official Telegram Channel: Click Here
- minimum educational qualification: Graduate degree from a recognized university at the time of applying
- Students who are presently in the final year of their graduation, where an internship is a mandatory part of their final year curriculum
- Age of the candidates should not exceed 25 years as on December 31 of the year of internship.
Obligations of the Intern
- The internship programme provides an introduction to the process of formulation of foreign policy and its implementation by the Government of India.
- Interns will be assigned specific topics of work by the concerned Head of Division (HOD) and may be required to conduct research, write reports, analyze evolving developments or carry out any other task entrusted to them by the HOD.
- At the end of the internship, each intern shall submit a detailed report on the work carried out and, if required, make a presentation on it.
- The outcome of study during the internship will remain as intellectual property of the Ministry of External Affairs and interns shall not use it without prior approval of the Ministry.
- The intern shall maintain full confidentiality of any information relating to the Ministry of External Affairs
Perks and Remuneration
- An honorarium of INR 10,000 per month will be paid to each intern to defray basic costs.
- Cost of one-time to and fro air travel subject to a ceiling of the prevailing economy class airfare between the State capital and Delhi, from the domicile State, or from the college/university of the selected candidates will be provided.
- The interns would be responsible for their board and lodging in Delhi during the period of their internship.
- The selection process will be fully online at www.internship.mea.gov.in with applications, scrutiny, selection, allocation of Division, notification,extension and certification to be managed on a dedicated internship portal of the Ministry. Each candidate needs to register on the internship portal and obtain access credentials to participate in the process.
- The selection process will consist of two stages viz. Preliminary Screening and Personal Interview.
- The process will follow a quota cum weightage’ system whereby applicants belonging to all 28 States and 8 Union Territories will be considered.
- There may be 2 interns from each of the 28 States; 2 interns from each of the 8 Union Territories and 3 more interns with maximum marks from TADP districts/underprivileged sections of the society.
- A minimum of 30% of the 75 internships may be filled by women candidates.
- Weightage will be based on academic performance assessed by percentage of marks obtained in +2 and graduation exams.
- Candidates should apply online only.
- State-wise merit lists will be prepared – separately for male and female candidates by elimination based on academic performance in +2 and graduation exams.
- Priority will be given to applicants from TADP districts during the Preliminary Screening stage and to applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC/EWS categories in the Personal Interview stage.
- The total number of candidates called for interview will be three times the interns to be engaged in each term.
- Candidates selected in the merit lists will be called for personal interview to be conducted by videoconferencing. A maximum of 75 candidates will be selected from the interview process and offered internships. If any selected candidate opts out, the next candidate in the merit list from the individual state will be offered opportunity.
- During the course of the internship, the selected candidates would be introduced to various aspects of the functioning of the Ministry, its attached offices, the public interface of the Ministry and its role in helping the Indian citizens, as well. as a possible visit to one of the Missions abroad, subject to prevailing conditions.
|03 March 2023||Call for applications for Term – I, 2023|
|15 March 2023||Deadline for receiving applications|
|20 March 2023||Announcement of shortlisted candidates and calls for interview|
|27-28 March 2023||Interviews (DVC)|
|29 March 2023||Announcement of selected candidates |
Allocation of Divisions
|10 April 2023||Start of Internship Term – I, 2023|
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
Click here to view the official notification for the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Internships 2023.
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram groups to stay updated with all opportunities!