About the Organisation
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region.
About the Opportunity
The position is assigned in India Resident Mission (INRM) within the South Asia Department (SARD). INRM assists in the project implementation of the loans and technical assistance (TA) projects and supports ADB HQ in processing new loans in India.
The Associate Economics Analyst contributes to economic and sector work (ESW) in INRM. The incumbent will support monitoring, analysis and reporting on economic developments including socio-economic issues. The position supports economic, sector, operational and knowledge work. The incumbent will report to designated international staff (IS) and senior national staff (NS).
- Assists in preparing the India chapter of Asian Development Outlook and other macroeconomic notes.
- Provides input for economic reports and assist in preparing briefing notes, background papers, and other reports and documents as required.
- Monitors socio-economic trends and policy developments, including operationally relevant sectors.
- Creates and updates regularly a comprehensive socio-economic database for India and selected states.
- Assists in project and technical assistance processing missions by providing public finance and sector-specific information as required.
- Supports data analysis through use of statistical packages.
- Supports knowledge management activities.
- Assists in the preparation of the briefing folders for management visits.
- Supports administration of assigned technical assistance by recruitment of firms/consultants, contract management, liquidation of invoices, and progress monitoring.
- Performs other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
- Supports implementation of assigned projects by providing technical support for performance reporting, recruitment of consultants, and monitoring the progress on assigned projects.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in economics
- At least 5 years relevant experience, with 2 years of research experience
- Sound knowledge of the economy in India
- Proficiency in the use of standard econometric and statistical packages
- Proficiency in the use of technology packages (common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics, PowerPoint and web-browsing and search engines).
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with government officials within duty station and with colleagues throughout ADB
- Strong interpersonal skills suitable for multicultural environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 6
- The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package .
- Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
- CLICK HERE for the Official Notification & Application.
- Application deadline: 16-Mar-2023, 11:59:00 PM