About the Organisation
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, it has six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide. The WHO was established on 7 April 1948.
About the Program
WHO India Country Office collaborates with the Government of India and relevant stakeholders within the framework of the collaborative Country Cooperation Strategy, to actively support the development and implementation of national health policies, strategies and plans aiming at promoting access to and utilization of affordable and quality health services and improving the financial protection against health-related risks.
Roles and Responsibilities
- 1. To assist NPO (Finance) in day-to-day financial and administrative operations, including quality control, clearances and reporting; monitoring and evaluating the financial status of various programmes.
- 2. To provide assistance and advice to technical focal points in elaboration of budget, analyzing ongoing program operations, preparing financial estimates/forecasts for areas of work/components and budgeting activities in relation to the donor budgets.
- 3. To review invoices to ensure quality assurance and compliance with financial regulations; process payments in a timely manner; coordinate with programme unit, technical units, and GSC to resolve payment relate issues.
- 4. To vet proposed donor agreements and ensure that the clauses are in accordance with the standard formats and prescribed financial procedures.
- 5. To liaise with donor’s contributions, maintaining related databases, preparing and consolidating financial reports in line with donor’s specific requirements.
- 6. To actively coordinate and follow up with BFU/SEARO and PIR/SEARO for final approval.
- 7. To undertake administrative and financial quality assurance review of selected contractual partners, involving scrutiny of the expenditure reported, checking the efficacy of the internal control system in place and suggesting steps to strengthen the same, preparing financial review reports and following up on responses. To carry out due diligence analysis before selection of new Contractual Partners.
- 8. To support in award management and initiate various requests for creating, modification, distribution of Awards.
- 9. To process expenditure batches, liaise with banking authorities, including preparing related correspondence towards resolving and streamlining banking issues at central and field level, generate MIS, and prepare PPTs as appropriate under guidance from the supervisor.
- 10. To draw supervisor’s attention to exceptional and urgent issues and keep him abridged of the ongoing major transactions and events within the assigned scope of work.
- 11. To coordinate and liaise with regional office and contractual partners on various budgetary & financial aspects of projects being implemented.
- 12. Any other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
- Essential: Completion of secondary school education or equivalent.
- Desirable: Master’ degree/Professional qualification in Finance / Accounts.
- Essential: At least eight (8) years of relevant experience in administrative work, including at least two (2) years in budget and finance.
- Desirable: Relevant experience in WHO or another UN agency is an asset. Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
- Language Skills: Expert knowledge of English and Hindi.
- 1. Thorough Knowledge of WHO Rules, Regulations and Administrative Procedures.
- 2. Good knowledge of use of application of microcomputer and software.
- 3. Ability to initiate and draft reports, correspondence concisely and clearly.
- 4. Ability to make good working relationships with Government Officials and staff of other UN agencies.
- 5. Knowledge of financial policies and practices.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Knowing and managing yourself
- Producing results
- WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an
- annual net base salary starting at INR 1,234,734 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable)
- and 30 days of annual leave.
How to Apply:
- CLICK HERE, for the Official Notification and Application.
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram groups to stay updated with all opportunities!