About the Organization:
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Their work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
- Position: GIS Intern – Sustainable Cities
Research & Analysis (70%)
- Conduct data exploration, quantitative research and provide customized analytical solutions and insights to meet project requirements
- Work with project teams to assess and organize complex data assets from a variety of sources for spatial modeling
- Advise staff and partners on geospatial analyses and visualizations on request
- Contribute to written outputs, including peer-reviewed articles, WRI working papers, and blog posts
Technical Support & Outreach (30%)
- Develop data visualization dashboards, interactive web-maps, storyboards that help in communicating complex data and insights into captivating visual outputs
- Prepare professional visualizations to be leveraged in presentations, publications, and online platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, , Civil Engineering, Architecture or other related fields, Master’s degree in Urban Planning or Urban Design.