About the Organisation
General Electric Company is an American multinational conglomerate founded in 1892, and incorporated in New York state and headquartered in Boston. The company operates in aviation, power, renewable energy, digital industry, additive manufacturing and venture capital and finance.
The Services Specialist develops practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. In this role you are responsible for work which is defined in scope, utilize your understanding and experience to execute business objectives, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Commissioning of the Medium Voltage and Low Voltage variable speed drives with Medium Voltage Switchgear in business segments such as Power Plants, Metals, Marine, Oil & Gas, Material handling, etc.,
- Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
- Perform unplanned/corrective maintenance and complete all necessary technical and business documentation on time and accurate. Comply with the integrity and compliance guidelines. Record keeping of day-to-day activities in digital forms.
- Provide technical assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer’s sites
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
- Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards. Ensure all work is performed in accordance with the organization’s EHS and associated policies/procedures
- Ensure customer satisfaction with maintenance solutions, according to the metrics of service, terms, performance, and quality.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- Assist customer with improving reliability and reducing cost of ownership
- Provide single point of contact to the customer, customer team, and all other GE stakeholders
- Assist the factory with data collection and timely reporting to facilitate fleet performance analysis, including marketing intelligence and sales opportunities for services, and support
- Assist customer with spare parts ordering & issues resolution
- Bachelors / Diploma Degree from accredited college / university in Electrical Engineering or allied Engineering.
- 2 – 5 years of relevant experience
- Should have process knowledge of Metal / Marine / Oil & Gas / Test Bench / Material Handling / Power Plant
- Knowledge in Power Electronics, High Voltage Equipment & PLC
- Work experience on Power converters, generators, switchboards, AVR, excitation systems and MV/LV drives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently. Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive self-starter and change agent & ability to work under stress environment
- Cross functional, ability to work on matrix environment, and international team experience
- Effectively communicate across all organizational levels, departments, and functions
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and business acumen.
- International experience
How to Apply:
- Click here for the official notification and application.
- Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.