About the Organization
The Digital Freedom Fund supports strategic litigation to advance digital rights in Europe. DFF providesfinancial support and seeks to catalyse collaboration between digital rights activists to enable people toexercise their human rights in digital and networked spaces.
About the Opportunity
The Development Officer’s activities will include the following main tasks:
- Conduct research to identify new sources of institutional funding on an ongoing basis for our donor pipeline, and stay aware of trends and changes in human rights funding and key donors in the field;
- Help in developing new initiatives to fund our two main work programmes: grantmaking and community strengthening and support (which includes the decolonising project);
- Support management in further developing the organisation’s fundraising strategy (incl. on alternative fundraising and transformative approaches to funding); organisational development policy; and strengthening fundraising systems (i.e. grants management, internal learning);
- Develop proposals and reports to funders in collaboration with the Director and relevant team members;
- Support the development of materials used for fundraising, including the annual donor reports and any other relevant communications, and ensure these reach the right people;
- Assist with other relevant tasks as required.
- Candidate profile
The successful candidate will have:
- Some fundraising experience for a human rights or racial & social justice organisation;
- Demonstrable entrepreneurial spirit and ability to identify and capitalise on opportunities; bringing own network of relevant contacts at philanthropic institutions or similar is desirable;
- Able to use own initiative and work independently within agreed frameworks; motivated by achieving results and completing tasks and being accountable;
- Strong organisational and prioritisation, and time-management skills, including attention to detail, enabling efficient and effective work; be willing to work remotely and self-support in terms of various administrative matters;
- Appreciation of the values and mission of the organisation, be excited to work on digital rights issues using an intersectional lens, and have a proven ability to represent the organisation to donors and prospects;
- Ability to maintain high standards of ethics, integrity, and professionalism, and to handle sensitive and proprietary financial information;
The successful candidate will also have:
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in English;
- Capacity to tell our story in a compelling manner that brings others on board to support the mission of the organisation, including the ability to support the team in translating its work into core messages;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds and whose mother tongue is not English;
- Be motivated in working towards an anti-oppressive workplace; critically reflect on their own work and implement feedback as a way to constantly evolve and improve;
- Have basic proficiency with common office software and utilities such as cloud servers, password managers, project management software and MS Office;
- Have a valid work permission in an EU country; occasional international travel can be required.
Salary and Other Perks
- Salary: EUR 36,000 – 42,000 gross per year, pro rata, depending on experience. This job is for a half-time role, which means 2 days per week / 16 hours per week, given that DFF is currently trialling the four-day week for full time staff.
- The initial employment term will be one year, with the possibility of renewal. DFF offers additional employment benefits such as a wellness bonus, home office support and private pension contribution after the first year of employment.
- Deadline for applications is 11 June at 23:59:59 CET.
- Interviews will be conducted in early June, and the preferred start date is 1 July, 2023.
How to Apply?
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY
|Join our Telegram Channel
|Follow us on Instagram
|Join our WhatsApp Groups