About the Organization
The Centre for Social and Economic Progress (CSEP) conducts in-depth, policy relevant research and provides evidence-based recommendations to the challenges facing India and the world. It draws on the expertise of its researchers, extensive interactions with policy makers as well as convening power to enhance the impact of research. Our researchers work across domains including, but not limited to, Economic Growth and Development; Energy, Natural Resources and Sustainability; and Foreign Policy and Security. All our research and policy recommendations are freely available to the public.
About the Opportunity
The Centre for Social and Economic Progress (CSEP) is looking to hire an Associate Fellow/Fellow in Economics which is a mid/senior researcher position in the organization. The chosen candidate will be working on key public policy questions concerning the Indian economy, from economic growth, to employment to sub-national reforms, etc. The candidate will be an integral part of an exciting journey as CSEP grows and builds its reputation as one of the premier think tanks globally on issues relating to India.
Key expectations include:
- Deep interest in understanding and solving policy challenges concerning the Indian economy
- Ability to critically analyse and structure issues using first principles
- Work with senior and distinguished fellows to build a long-term agenda for CSEP.
- Ability to synthesise the findings in a compelling and robust narrative
- Supervise and mentor junior staff – research associates and research assistants.
- Ability to work on, or guide, multiple studies independently or with guidance from senior researchers.
A list of desired skills and background includes:
- A post-graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) in economics, statistics or public policy from a top tier university, nationally or internationally. Others may not apply.
- At least 5 years of research experience.
- Familiarity and sound understanding of key databases like NSS, ASI, Prowess and software like STATA
- Ability to work on non-structured, micro databases is an added advantage
- Good quantitative skills and high degree of proficiency in MS Office and other relevant tools.
- Good writing skills.
- Team player
How to Apply?
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY
|Join our Telegram Channel
|Follow us on Instagram
|Join our WhatsApp Groups