About the Organization
Room to Read seeks to transform the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Working in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations and governments, we develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the relevant life skills to succeed in school and beyond.
About the Opportunity:
The Admin. Associate will be located at India Country office. Will assist and report to the Officer, Administration. S/he will provide logistical and administrative assistance in implementing the India Country Program. Primary responsibilities will include day to day office support, procurement, maintenance of office files, Warehouse, Maintaining the inventory of office stationery. This position will involve travel to RTR State offices in which Room to Read’s Programs are implementing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with RtR’s procurement policies.
- Support in planning of procurements through collaboration with program staff and Managers in the preparation of the procurement plan
- Ensure that the office equipment’s are functional and timely repair and maintenance is done.
- Supervising of major office day to day maintenance such as electricity, plumbing works, Air conditioning, drinking water, tea coffee machine.
- Ensuring that the workstation, conference room, washrooms are in working condition Responding to the staff request.
- Provide logistics support during the time of any workshop/training /meeting /conference with the help of Office Assistant.
- Travel booking, Hotel booking.
- Processing of bills as per the organization guidelines.
- Arranging the meeting for bid opening.
- Inventory of office equipment and other items
- Invitation of quotation as per the organization guideline from vendors based on the requests.
- Collection of quotations from the vendors and ensure that the quotations are reached on time with the mandatory requirement.
- Prepare the comparative analysis based on the quotations received.
- Maintenance of Vendor Data Base and vendor verification.
- Maintenance of Admin related files office files, etc.
- Point person for the collection book dispatch request from SOs and forward the same to Warehouse and ensure timely delivery.
- Maintain an inventory of office equipment and other items. Assist in gathering information for reports on the status Participate in any other activities, which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
- Any other job assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce.
- Experience in successful implementation of a wide range of tasks.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of work experience in administration specially in procurements of goods and services
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Well versed with MS excels, word, power point, outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication Skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a non-profit organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work and a low overhead.
- Prior experience of dealing with vendors.
- Prior experience of working in NGO/development sector.
- Good Analytical skills.
- Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include thirteenth month bonus, health insurance and a retirement plan.
- The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries on literacy and gender equality in education.
How to Apply?
|For Official Notification & To Apply
|Join our Telegram Channel
|Follow us on Instagram
|Join our WhatsApp Groups