About the UN Global Compact Network India:
As a United Nations Global Compact local arm, Global Compact Network India (GCNI) has been serving as a nation-wide platform for Indian businesses, academic institutions and civil society organizations to join hands for strengthening responsible business practices.
About the Opportunity:
UN GCNI plans to expand its presence in India and strengthen the portfolio of its operations. UN GCNI seeks to appoint one Programme Manager to lead the implementation of the 10 principles and SDGs in India. The job profile involves multiple roles design and implementation of innovative programming, event management, membership support, interface with members, technical agencies, government departments and other
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of projects and lead the implementation of current project portfolio across various domains – Water, Climate Change, Regenerative Agriculture, ocean stewardship, energy transition
- Ensure alignment and Promotion of Global Impact Initiatives of UNGC with the activities and work plan of UN GCNI.
- Liaise with a wide range of Global stakeholders including Global Compact Headquarters for promoting UNGC in India
- Organize and manage Meetings, Conferences, Training and knowledge dissemination workshops.
- Undertake and oversee dissemination of research studies /surveys/reports with key stakeholders
- Act as a support for business development and fundraising through sponsorship of events, action research, SDG implementation
- Any other duties assigned from time to time
- Rs 9-12 lacs per annum (Based on relevant experience and salary history)
Minimum qualifications/ experience:
- Post graduate in social science /management studies with bright academic record from a reputed institution with work experience of minimum 05 years in areas of 10 principles of UNGC and SDGs.
- Desirable qualifications/ experience: Prior experience of handling one or more aspects of development research and project designs, technical advisory and capacity development, implementation of policies and programmes at the grassroots and communications and reporting of development impact.
- Strong experience in collaboration and engagement of diverse stakeholders in particular civil society organizations and governments.
- Experience with international organizations such as NGOs and UN agencies
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals.
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexibility and ability to operate in different cultural settings and with a variety of stakeholders; culturally and gender sensitive.
- Strong writing and presentation skills (demonstrated by at least one written sample: e.g., project proposal).
- Effective team player
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment
How to Apply:
- For Official Notification, CLICK HERE
- Interested candidates should send their resume along with 2 references, writing sample and a cover letter specifying suitability for position to [email protected] by June 15, 2023.
- Please mention the Job Title being applied for in the subject of the mail.
|Join our Telegram Channel
|Follow us on Instagram
|Join our WhatsApp Groups