About Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India)
Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India) – AKRSP(I) is a programme of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) which works in over 30 countries around the world.
About Youth Fellowship
AKRSP (I) has initiated the Research Fellowship on Water Control for Tribal Community to support youth to take up highly relevant and policy oriented research. Fellowship programme will comprise of 6 months duration with specific deliverables. Selected youth will undergo induction training at the outset of the programme followed by allocation of specific project and location. A fortnightly workshop will be conducted to review the progress of the project allocated to fellows, share insights and give guidance.
- Location : Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh
- Education : Graduate with good communication skills and research orientation.
- Fresh Graduates with research oriented degrees are welcome.
- Prior experience of working in the relevant area will be given priority.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Display high commitment to the cause of water control in Tribal areas through research and similar activities.
- Submit deliverables on due dates
- Attend the programmes which are part of fellowship.
- Adhere to the rules and regulations of AKRSP(I) and the Fellowship programme
Skills & Competencies required:
- Research and Report Preparation, Data Collection and Analysis
- Basic understanding of spatial datasets (shapefile and Geodatabases), projection systems, geoprocessing tools; have basic proficiency in ArcGIS/QGIS, Google Earth Engine
- Photography and video-making skills will be an added advantage.
- Socially conscious youth in the age group of 18-30 who are sincere, passionate and willing to contribute to their community with a full time commitment for six months. Youth who belong to tribal communities or have worked in rural areas will be given priority.
- Understanding of Public Policy
- Monthly stipend of Rs. 20,000 will be provided to support the basic needs.
- Travel and other necessary official expenses will be reimbursed after producing bills.
How to Apply
- Click HERE, for the Official Notification and Application.