Centre for Social Justice, a socio-legal, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), is anchoring the Young Professionals Program for Legal Empowerment (YPPLE) for the year 2023.
About Centre for Social Justice
Centre for Social Justice is a socio-legal, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) initiated by the Institute for Development Education and Learning (IDEAL) in 1993. CSJ is one of the first organizations of its kind in India that uses the judicial system to fight for the rights of marginalized people.
About the Programme
The Young Professionals Programme for Legal Empowerment (YPPLE) anchored by the Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) is designed to equip young legal professionals to become powerful change agents by giving them the opportunity to develop a holistic understanding of how legal empowerment can contribute to social change through an intimate engagement with field realities.
With the successes of its previous editions behind it, YPPLE is now entering its ninth year. In the first eight years of the program, CSJ placed 30 young aspiring researchers in its field areas, where they engaged with grassroots realities and in the process grew immensely both professionally and personally.
The program allowed these young minds to pursue their true interests, with each individual finding something that they can call their own, be it: a particular sphere of law, a work profile, or a social cause they care about.
Many YPPLE’s continue to be associated with CSJ beyond the duration of the program and are helping CSJ fulfil its vision towards society.
- A stipend of Rs. 33,000 per month will be paid to the selected candidates.
- Please note that the Program is designed as a two-year engagement.
- At the end of the mandatory one-year commitment, candidates would have the option to either continue working with CSJ or opt out.
- The Centre’s head office is located in Ahmedabad, however, the work profile involves frequent travel.
What will you do under YPPLE?
- A group of young legal professionals will be placed for a minimum period of one year in the field where CSJ is implementing its interventions.
- A learning/ performance road map will be developed jointly with the selected candidates.
- Each individual will spend a substantial duration in the field areas and the remaining time will be dedicated to research and writing, reflections, inputs, and capacity building.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct field-based research on law and policy issues for formulating interventions and creating policy documents.
- Coordinate training and capacity-building programs and develop training materials.
- Supervise data collection for research programs/projects.
- Collaborate/coordinate programs with stakeholders including representations with various government authorities.
- Contribute to the legal work of the organization.
- Organize events to initiate public debate on issues.
- Bring creative approaches and perspectives to the existing work of the organization.
- The Program is open to young law graduates/legal professionals who wish to pursue a career in the field of human rights as lawyers, practitioners, researchers or academics.
- Willingness to engage with field realities, to live in challenging conditions and to travel extensively, are things every candidate must be willing to do.
- Candidates must, above all, display a strong drive, motivation and commitment towards working for social change.
- Short-listed candidates will be contacted further for a short interview followed by a two-day selection process at our office in Ahmedabad.
- The final selected candidates will be invited for a one-month probation period.
- Based on an appraisal of their performance during this month, the organization will confirm the selection of candidates for the program.
How to Apply?
- CLICK HERE to Visit the official website and apply!
- CLICK HERE to Join Opportunity Cell Groups to receive updates on various opportunities!
- Book our Career Counseling & Mentoring Services to Increase your Selection Chances,BOOK NOW!
- October 15, 2023.
- For any queries, contact: [email protected].