About Young Grassroot Innovator Fellowship Program
Young Grassroot Innovator (YGI) Fellowship Program is an unique opportunity for young people, who are keen to work through the Intersection of STEAM education and youth entrepreneurship.This fellowship conceptualized by Vidhyalay Udhyam and supported by https://www.asiainitiatives.org/ .
About Vidhyalay Udhyam
Vidhyalay Udhyam works with young students in tribal geography of Udaipur. We co-creates community maker lab to unleash the potential of young people through STEAM education and entrepreneurship. We have designed a unique kind of curriculum that allows our young learners to learn skills, apply it to solve their real life challenges and kick off a real life venture around it.
YGI Fellowship Young Grassroot innovator is a 12 months of opportunity for a young innovator to work on grassroot and facilitate a community maker lab to enable 100 young students of that community, specifically those, who are at risk of school dropout. YGi will work with absolute tribal communities where most people are dependent upon low wage and unskilled labor jobs.
Opportunities for YGI
- Training and Development :- Three Months training of STEAM curriculum, Design thinking course and Entrepreneurial course follows to practice with students in community maker labs.
- Community Leadership Development :- YGI will be incharge of a community maker lab and responsible to influence the community through creativity and innovation.
- Test and build your own idea :- YGI will get a chance to build his/her own idea and launch a venture in his/her respective community. He will get a fixed seed funding from Vidhyalay Udhyam.
- Stipend and other benefits :- YGI will get a fixed stipend of 16K along with lodging facilities, household assistance, Internet, Computer system (Raspberry Pi) and travelling allowances.
- Minimum qualification for YGI: Bachelor or Masters in Science stream or Polytechnic/ITI with 2 years of working experience.
- YGI age should be between 18-25.
- YGI should know hindi ( mandatory), knowledge of English is plus.
- YGIs must be learner and passionate for innovation and STEAM learning and teaching.
- Must be willing to work in tribal block of Sarda in Udaipur.
- YGI must join between 1st to 5th Feb 2022.
How to Apply
- CLICK HERE, FOR THE OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION.
- CLICK HERE, TO APPLY FOR THE FELLOWSHIP.
- FOR ANY QUERIES, WRITE TO [email protected]