About TATA Social Enterprise Challenge
The Tata Social Enterprise challenge is a joint initiative of the Tata Group with the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM-C) started in 2012. The Challenge endeavours to find India’s most promising early stage social enterprises, and create an ecosystem for social entrepreneurship – encouraging sustainable, scalable and measurable social Impact.
The Business plan contest (B-Plan Contest) invites social entrepreneurs who have an early stage venture (not older than three years) or a promising idea with a plan that could create sustainable social impact in India. In addition, the enterprise is required to demonstrate significant social impact through results or proof of concept.
Eligibility & Rules
We encourage teams who have an existing venture or have an idea that can create sustainable social impact to apply in the Tata Social Enterprise Challenge.In order to be eligible to apply and participate, all teams must meet the following criteria:
- Business plans for the competition will be invited for all sectors including the following focus areas: Agriculture, Food and Dairy, Healthcare, Water and Sanitation, Technology and Development, Education, Housing, Handicrafts, Energy, Microfinance/Financial Inclusion.
- The team can be represented in the competition by a maximum of two members
- There is no restriction on the age or background for applicants
- If the submission is an idea, a proof of concept (E.g. prototype) is required.
- If the submission is a venture, the venture must not have been in existence for more than three years
- The entries received will be recognized by the “name” of the venture/idea
- The applicants may or may not be Indian Nationals, however, the social venture should be aimed at creating social impact in India.
- Enterprises that were selected as Semi-finalists in previous year’s Tata Social Enterprise challenge will not be eligible for selection.
- Incubation: The teams which make it to the grand finale will be given an opportunity to apply for incubation at IIM Calcutta Innovation Park.
- Seed Fund: Short listed teams for Semi-Finals & Finals will have an opportunity to pitch to for Seed Funding of upto Rs 3 Crores (subject to fulfilling investment criteria and completion of final due diligence).
- Mentorship: Mentoring support will be provided to all short-listed teams through a virtual Bootcamp before the Semi-Finals
- Pitching Opportunity:All teams shortlisted for the Semi-Finals and Finals will have an opportunity to pitch to some of India’s largest Impact Investors for further seed funding.
- Step One : user needs to create an account on the Apply Page.
- Step Two : Once you have created your account and filled the Impact proposal (Application Form) and click on Submit.
- To Visit the Official Website, Click Here
- Last date for applying: 15th November 2020
- For any queries please write back to us at: [email protected]