United Nations, New Delhi invites applications for the Summer Interns.The internship is unpaid. UN interns work full-time, five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
About United Nations
The United Nations Information Centers (UNICs) belong to the Information Centres Services (ICS), Strategic Communications Division (SCD) of the Department of Global Communication (DGC). The UNICs are the principal sources of information about the United Nations system in the countries where they are located.
They are also responsible for promoting greater public understanding of, and supports the aims and activities of, the United Nations by disseminating information on the work of the Organization to people everywhere, especially in developing countries.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above);
- Be computer literate in standard software application;
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience. However, interest in the sustainable development goals is important. Excellent writing skills in English and skills in digital and traditional communication would be desirable
- The intern will support UNIC staff in implementing UN campaigns and events for the duration of the internship. Some of the ongoing key campaigns of the UN are: Climate Change and Peacekeeping
- Support the UNIC team in generating content for the website and social media platforms.
- Conduct research and background work for events and campaigns
- Provide organizing and logistical support for events.
- Assist the UNIC/UNRC joint communication team with events and campaigns.
- Other daily responsibilities based on the needs and the individual’s background.
- The minimum duration of an internship is two months.
- This period can be extended up to a total period of six months, pending on the needs of the department
- A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. The Cover Note must include:
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing
- Graduation Date (when will you be graduating from the programme)
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- List your top three areas of interest/department preferences
- Explain why you are the best candidate for that specific department (s).
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
- For the Official Notification, Click HERE
- Last date to apply is 15 June 2021.