About the Organisation
S&P Global Ratings is an American credit rating agency and a division of S&P Global that publishes financial research and analysis on stocks, bonds, and commodities. S&P is considered the largest of the Big Three credit-rating agencies, which also include Moody’s Investors Service and Fitch Ratings.
About The Role:
S&P Global Commodity Insights Summer Internship Programme is a 10-week summer training program commencing in June 2023.
S&P Global Commodity Insights is seeking intern candidates that will be involved in working directly within our Gas, Power, and Climate Solutions (GPCS) research and analytics teams. The intern will have a front-row seat in a leading research organization’s work in energy markets and energy transition across the globe. As a part of the internship, candidates will have the opportunity to work on market fundamentals modelling and forecasting, policy analysis, conventional and renewable energies, new technology trends, carbon markets, among others.
- Beijing, Gurgaon, Penang, Singapore, London, Paris, Washington, DC (all in-person)
The Team/The Business:
- You will be part of the global GPCS team and contribute to the wide-ranging research areas that we address across the globe including natural and low-carbon gases, power and renewables, clean energy technologies, carbon and environmental markets, as well as long-term scenario planning.
- We are looking for high achievers from a diverse pool of undergraduate & postgraduate institutions who are passionate about energy markets and energy transition and want to develop their career in a dynamic, high performing, and multicultural team.
- Ideal candidates need to be able to work well within a team and demonstrate exceptional learning agility, creativity, and problem-solving ability.
What’s In It For You
- 10-week summer internship commencing in June 2023.
- Opportunity to learn about the fundamentals of how energy markets work and how they impact the ongoing energy transition
- Exposure to world-class thought leaders in each of the areas as well as to companies that operate in the energy sector
- Receive hands-on research and analytics training and experiences with senior researchers
- Potential opportunity to join the team as a full-time analyst post-graduation
- Conducting research and analysis as well as interacting with industry players to further solidify and enhance various research areas in GPCS.
- Helping to collect, manage, and analyze market data and information. Track and identify market trends in particular energy sectors in defined geographies.
- Supporting research on energy policies, costs, supply, demand, and prices as well as modelling efforts (e.g., power dispatch models) for forecasting purposes.
- Supporting in creation of market reports based on the research and analysis above.
- Working and coordinating closely with a large team of global analysts across the energy markets to align viewpoints, data, and outlooks.
- Supporting clients by answering questions in a comprehensive and timely manner via email, phone call, or in-person presentation.
- Working with product management, marketing, and commercial teams to promote our research among clients and prospects.
What We’re Looking For
- Fully matriculated undergraduate or graduate students in penultimate year of study (graduation date: Winter 2023 or Summer 2024)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- All majors are welcome, with preference given to those that have taken classes in the sciences and economics
- Strong interest in energy and climate change
- Ability to pick up new knowledge and multi-task
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills to work efficiently with colleagues and clients
- Strong quantitative skills, including experience using Excel and/or other data analytics tools
How to Apply
- CLICK HERE for the Official Notification & Application.