About Sequoia Spark
Spark is a program for female founders in India and Southeast Asia designed to help more women to build and lead from the front. Our new initiatives include a fellowship program offering a USD 100K grant supported by deep, immersive mentorship – and a broader set of sessions and events that are open to women across the region.
Our goal is to encourage more women to build companies. And to inspire more women to become entrepreneurs. We offer fifteen $100,000 fellowships every year, 1:1 mentorship with a Sequoia investment advisor and founder every month, access to select Sequoia events and hands-on support from our specialists.
- In addition to the USD 100K in grant, as a Spark founder, you will get access to one-on-one mentorship sessions with a dedicated Sequoia India investment team member as well as a founder.
- You will also be mentored by Sequoia India specialists across marketing, product, technology, hiring and more.
- To ensure that you can benefit and learn from Sequoia’s wider network, you will also get access to founder talks and deep-dive studio sessions that are part of the Spark program, as well as select Sequoia India events.
- If selected for the program, you will spend structured 1:1 time with both your founder-mentor as well as the Sequoia investment advisor mentor to help you as you work on your product and business for the next 12 months. You will also work with Sequoia specialists across different disciplines from time to time.
Duration of the Fellowship
- This will be a one-year fellowship program that includes regular check-ins and hands-on mentoring as you continue to build your startup in parallel.
What stake does Sequoia Capital India take in the company in return for the grant?
- As part of the fellowship grant, Sequoia Capital India will not take a stake/ownership in the company. We do expect the selected founders to commit to spending time and attending the sessions to make the best of the program.
How to Apply
- CLICK HERE, to know more about the Fellowship and Application.
- The applications for the fellowship are now open and will remain open until September 15th. The first cohort will start in November 2021.
- In addition to the fellowship, we have a series of events for a wider audience – Sequoia Spark Studios Sessions, Coffee Chats and Spark Talks segments will go live in August.