Each year, the Romanian government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), offers a number of scholarships to citizens of non-EU countries.
The Romanian government scholarships are offered for a Bachelor’s degree, a Master’s degree or a Doctorate. Applicants can select the program of study they are interested in from all fields, except medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy.
Scholarships are awarded through an evaluation of applications by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Education and Research (MER).
- By the Romanian state, through the Ministry of Foreign
- Romania eligible Universities
- Bachelor’s Degree Program
- Master’s Degree Program
- Doctorate Degree Program
Scholarship Duration of the Government of Romania Scholarships:
- Bachelor’s Degree Program (3-6 years)
- Master’s Degree Program (1.5 years to 2 years)
- Doctorate Degree Program (3 to 5 years)
Benefits of Romania Government Scholarship 2022:
- The scholars will not have to pay any registration fees or any other application fee
- The students will learn the Romanian Language for a year for free
- The tuition fee for the actual course will be covered.
- A monthly stipend of 65 Euros for a Bachelor, 75 Euros for a Master, and 85 Euros for PhD will be given to the students.
- The accommodation expenses in student dormitories will be financed.
- The students will be provided with full medical assistance free of cost.
- Discounts for local transportation will be provided. It can be local public, ground, naval, rail, or domestic car.
Eligibility Criteria of Romania Government Scholarship 2023:
- All non-EU students can apply.
- Students must be academically extraordinary.
- The students who already have another Romanian Scholarship cannot apply.
- Students for Bachelor, and Masters have to take a yearlong Romanian preparatory course.
- The PhD students have the choice to continue either in Romanian Language or in English language.
- The PhD students have to pass an entrance exam.
- Citizen who has protection from Romania or has applied for Romanian Protection cannot apply.
- The members of the administrative staff and the technical staff in the Romanian Foreign ministry cannot apply.
- Staff members of international organizations based in Romania or their family members can not apply.
- All the stateless persons who are in Romanian territory and are recognized by the law are ineligible.
Documents Required Romanian Scholarships 2023 in Europe:
- Copies of the obtained baccalaureate diplomas or equivalent.
- Copies of Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D. degrees if applicable.
- The copies of the transcripts are in English, French, Spanish or Romanian language only if applicable.
- Copies of the birth certificate in English, French, Spanish or Romanian language.
- Copy of the passport. First, three pages must be included.
- Copy of CNIC if applicable.
- A CV in English or in French is required.
- The PhD students have to submit a letter of intent in either English or French.
How to Apply for the Romania Government Scholarship 2023?
- CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION & APPLICATION.
- The candidates have to submit their online applications through the Study in Romania platform.
- Go to the platform and then select Apply for MFA scholarship button.
Romania Scholarship Deadline 2023:
- The application deadline for the Romanian Government Scholarship 2022 is 15 March 2023