Insolvency Research invites applications for Research Internship for Writing a Compendium for the year 2023. The last date of application is November 26.
About the Opportunity
Applications are invited for part-time research internship for writing a “Compendium for Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code,2016”.
The authors have come together to create a compendium, a one-stop reference to the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016 whereby lawyers, resolution professionals, bankers, academicians and students can understand the nuances of the insolvency regime in India.
The Compendium shall be a one of kind book delving into committee reports, legislative debates, dissecting erstwhile restructuring regulations along with analysis of provisions through judicial precedents, rules, regulations, circulars and comparative study of other jurisdictions.
About the Authors
The authors are associated with the Graduate Insolvency Programme under the aegis of Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs. Mr. Vinayak Padmakshan is a banking and financial lawyer who has experience of working as Legal Manager of a public sector bank after his graduation from School of Law Christ University.
Mr. Venkateshwara Perumal, graduate of a premier National Law University, is a corporate lawyer with core practice in National Company Law Tribunal and High Court. Ms. Sridhruti Chitrapu is the founder of LexForti Legal, a contemporary Legal Journal, and has been providing commercial and corporate law advisory services after graduating from Symbiosis Law School.
- Law students in their third, fourth or final year.
- LLM students specialising in business/corporate laws.
- Strong desire to research and write on the domain of Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code and related judgments.
- Candidates with exposure to the insolvency domain will be given priority.
- Minimum 3 months.
- The duration shall be extendable by the authors on the basis of performance and quality of the work.
- Approximately 1-2 hours of work per day along with a weekly update with the authors.
- A stipend of Rs. 5,000 shall be given to the best performing intern at the end of the internship period.
- Guidance on ‘Legal Research and Legal Writing’.
- Review sessions every week to enhance the candidate’s insights about Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code.
- Opportunity to network and learn from like-minded industry people
- Acknowledgment of the contribution made to the compendium
- Certification for Completion of Internship subject to the candidate completing the minimum duration of 3 months.
How to Apply?
- The candidate shall send their CV and a case analysis on any orders of the NCLT or NCLAT in the FIRAC method within a word limit of 500 words.
- The case analysis shall be original, unpublished and it shall be submitted in PDF format. The Applications are to be submitted to [email protected].
- 26th November 2023
- In case of any queries, please contact [email protected].