About the Project:
Professors Matt Lowe (UBC) and Jeff Weaver (USC) and Anahita Karandikar (Graduate Student, UBC) are seeking an intern to assist with a pioneering project aimed at measuring untouchability norms in India. This exciting opportunity will last for approximately 12 weeks, commencing in August 2023. Early start is preferred.
- Location: India
- Start Date: August 1, 2023
- Commitment Length: Up to 12 weeks (Starting August 2023)
Role and Responsibilities:
As an intern, you will be actively involved in the project’s pilot phase and field activities, which include:
- Supervising the data collection activities of the survey firm, including training survey teams, overseeing phone and field surveys, and conducting debrief sessions with participants.
- Assisting in the creation and review of SurveyCTO and questionnaire design.
- Conducting comprehensive literature reviews.
- Aiding in data cleaning using Stata and R.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- Proficiency in written and verbal English and Hindi communication is essential.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, public policy, or related fields.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Experience with SurveyCTO and proficiency in Stata or R would be advantageous.
- Prior experience in field-based or phone-based data collection in India is a plus.
- INR 25,000 per month
How to Apply:
- If you’re interested in being a part of this impactful research project, please send an email to [email protected]
- Include your CV and a brief paragraph explaining why you are a suitable candidate for the role. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- CLICK HERE for the Official Notification.
Don’t miss the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking research and gain valuable experience in a dynamic setting. Apply now!