Established in 1996, WASSAN operates as a network of CSOs (Civil Society Organizations) in the context of the Participatory Watershed Development Program of the Government of India. The organization’s mission is to upscale successful community-managed natural resources development innovations, build capacities of CSOs, and facilitate collaboration between CSOs and the Government in shaping developmental programs.
About the Opportunity:
- Role: Coordination and Technical Support
- Programme: Special programme for promotion of millets in Odisha (Odisha Millets Mission)
- Location: Anywhere in Odisha
- No. of Positions: 10
- Reporting to: Regional Coordinator, Odisha Millets Mission
- Contract Period: Initial probation period of 6 months, followed by a 2-year contract with the possibility of extension based on performance and project requirements.
- Salary: Annual salary of Rs. 4.2 Lakh to Rs. 4.8 Lakh (CTC) based on experience
As a Coordination and Technical Support personnel for the Odisha Millets Mission, your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with NGOs, Community-Based Organizations, government officials of Agriculture and other line departments in the assigned district.
- Supporting NGOs and CBOs on millet production, processing, consumption, institution building, and marketing.
- Organizing training sessions, meetings, workshops, and other program-related activities.
- Daily project management including budgeting, planning, and monitoring.
- Collaborating with district OMM team, thematic experts, and Regional Coordinators.
- Facilitating planning, reviews, and reporting to relevant stakeholders.
- Reporting project progress to District Administration, ATMA at District Level, and SPMU at State Level.
Desired Candidate Profile:
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Science or Master’s Degree in Agriculture Science, Rural Development, Social Work, or Economics.
- Minimum of 3 years of field experience in implementing or supervising rainfed agriculture, natural farming, and organic agriculture programs. Experience with millets is advantageous.
- Experience working with Government Departments and NGOs.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, self-driven with innovative ideas, and experience leading a team.
- Proficiency in Ms Office and Google web applications. Knowledge of monitoring systems, budgeting, and accounts is beneficial.
- Willingness to travel extensively for field visits, including to Bhubaneswar and other states.
- Must possess a valid driving license and own a bike for commuting.
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills; proficiency in spoken Odiya.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates can apply through the Google Form provided: Application Form