About the Organisation
The Centre for Social and Economic Progress (CSEP) conducts independent, in-depth, and policy-relevant research, and provides evidence-based recommendations to the challenges facing India and the world. It draws on the expertise of its researchers, extensive interactions with policymakers as well as convening power to enhance the impact of research. Our researchers work across the domains of Economic Growth and Development including Health, Urbanisation; Energy, Natural Resources, Climate change and Sustainability; and Foreign Policy and Security. All our research and policy recommendations are freely available to the public.
CSEP is based in New Delhi and registered as a company limited by shares and not for profit, under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 1956.
About the Opportunity
CSEP is looking to hire a Research Analyst/Research Associate to work on ongoing and proposed research on health, human development and economic growth.
As part of the Growth, Finance & Development vertical, the Research Analyst/Associate would be expected to support the conceptualization of research studies and undertake research studies pertaining to health, education, and economic growth, all under the supervision of senior fellows.
- Master’s degree in Economics with one to two years of relevant work experience. Candidates with PhD/ enrolled in PhD and in the final stages of their doctoral dissertations will be preferred.
- The candidate should have domain knowledge of economics. A good background and knowledge of health and education issues would be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and writing skills, preferably demonstrated in relevant and recent publications.
- Expertise required would include both qualitative and quantitative research, experience of handling large datasets, and skills to conduct policy analysis, econometrics and data/statistical analysis.
- Interest in and ability to pursue inter-disciplinary research.