About the Organisation
The Reserve Bank of India/RBI, is India’s central bank and regulatory body responsible for regulation of the Indian banking system. It is under the ownership of Ministry of Finance, Government of India. It is responsible for the control, issue and maintaining supply of the Indian rupee.
About the Internship Program
- Research Internship scheme provides an opportunity to young individuals to expose themselves to cutting edge research in central banking.
- It best suits individuals who have been in college relatively recently and wish to move on to pursue Ph.D in Economics, Banking, Finance or related fields, or to positions in government research institutions, or financial institutions that require a quantitative and analytic orientation.
About the Role
- Assist and collaborate with RBI researchers on projects to provide policy inputs and papers targeted for publication at quality economics and finance journals.
- Assist in compiling accurate and timely data and assist with the relevant analytical, statistical and econometric tools necessary to execute the research projects.
- May transition to writing research and policy articles of good quality.
- Placements would be in three departments of RBI namely
- Department of Economic and Policy Research (DEPR)
- Department of Statistics and Information Management (DSIM) /
- Strategic Research Unit (SRU).
- The internship is based at Mumbai, India.
Method of Selection.
- DSIM– Post Graduate in Statistics/Econometrics/Economics or BE/B.Tech (Computer) or MBA (Finance).
- DEPR– Post Graduate in Economics, Banking, Finance or MBA (Finance).
- SRU– B.Tech or B.E. or Post Graduate in Economics, Finance, or Statistical Science or those with expertise in Computer or Data Analytics.
- The opportunity will be open to domestic as well as foreign students.
- Not a pre-requisite.
- Selections will be done twice a year depending on RBI’s requirements in a manner that the internship commences from 1st of January or 1st of July of the year concerned.
- Application for internship commencing from 1st of July onwards will be accepted during January- May and will be examined in June of the same year.
- The applications of the candidates are valid only for the applied batch (i.e 1st January / 1st July) and the same will not be considered for the subsequent batch.
- Candidate will be shortlisted by the Bank based on their CV, References and Statement of Purpose and will be called for personal interview.
- Interested candidates can send their CV, References and Statement of Purpose through e-mail to the email-id relevant to the desired Research Area/ Department.
- References may be obtained from the faculty members of the related colleges/institutions of the respective applicants.
- Incomplete applications and applications without CV, References and/or Statement of Purpose are liable to be rejected.
- The internship will be for a period of 6 (six) months extendable for another 6 (six) months based on the needs of the unit and the performance of the intern.
- Exceptional performers might be considered for further extension for a maximum period of two years with a provision for renewal every six months.
- RBI will provide office space, internet connectivity and other support facilities to the interns.
- RBI will pay a stipend of Rs. 35,000/- per month.
- Interns will be required to make accommodation arrangements of their own.
How to Apply
|Official Notification & Application of the Recruitment||Click Here|
|Join our Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Follow us on Instagram||Click Here|
|Join our WhatsApp Groups||Click Here|