Applications are invited for Project Associate Under SERB Funded Project at IIT Bhilai for the year 2021. The last date application is 19 July 2021.
Title of the Project
- Light-driven micromotors for rapid detection of very low concentration bacteria and microplastic pollutants in water using SERS.
- B.Tech/B.E. (Engineering Physics/Nanotechnology/Nanoscience/material science/ Mechanical engineering) or
- M.Sc. (Chemistry/ Physics/ Nanotechnology/ Nanoscience) from a recognized institute/university or statutory body OR equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate score (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10). For SC/ST category, the candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate score (6.0 grade points on a scale of 10).
- The candidate must have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC NET.
- Candidate with PhD degree are exempted from compulsory GATE/CSIR-UGC NET score/certificates.
Desirable: Preference will be given to candidates having experience relevant to the project. Candidates with expertise in the following are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Experiments in colloids and soft matter Physics.
- Microscopic observations and handling of biological samples.
- Data and image analysis using Python or Matlab.
- Characterization techniques such as Fluorescence microscopy, SERS, XRD.
- Good communication skills and problem-solving capability.
Age limit: 45 Years or as per the guidelines of SERB-DST.
- Initially nine months or up to the termination of the project, subject to a six-month performance review.
- Based on the review and assessment after one year the position can be extended for one more year or up to the termination of the project.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates must apply on the ‘application form’ attached with this advertisement. Duly completed ‘application form’ along with candidate’s detailed CV must be mailed or emailed to the PI, Dr. Dhruv Pratap Singh, at dhruv[at]iitbhilai.ac.in.
- Applications without the ‘application form’ shall not be considered.
- Click here to view the official notification of Project Associate Under SERB Funded Project at IIT Bhilai.
- The application must reach the PI, Dr. Dhruv Pratap Singh, by Monday, 19th July 2021 (on or before 5.00 pm).