About EPIC India
Energy Policy Institute at the University of Chicago (EPIC) launched EPIC-India in 2014 to confront challenges arising out of economic developments. It is to be addressed through cutting-edge research and targeted engagement with local stakeholders.
EPIC India researchers work hand-in-hand with government and industry partners to identify innovative ideas, pilot them on the ground, and rigorously measure outcomes. Housed at the University of Chicago’s Centre in Delhi, EPIC-India is employing a comprehensive strategy to affect real change
About the Opportunity
EPIC India is seeking a full-time Policy and Training Associate to work directly with leading practitioners in the energy and environment community, policy researchers affiliated with EPIC India and senior government officials involved in energy and environmental issues across India. The Policy and Training Associate provides support on identified work streams, policy support to government officials, codesigning new research ideas, and facilitating expert consultations and policy dialogues.
Candidates must have work authorization to work in India. This covers citizens of India, Nepal or Bhutan, Persons of Indian origin (PIO), and an Overseas Citizens of India (OCI).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct background research and policy reviews on various energy and environment related topics
- Write materials that “translate” economic research and other EPIC-India messages into policy outreach and communications, including reports, articles, op-eds, blogs, and evaluation summaries
- Support the organization leadership in conceptualizing, operationalizing, and implementing new policy and research initiatives
- Organize meetings, events, workshops, policy dialogues with partner organizations
- Ad hoc research assistance on EPIC India’s programs and research projects (e.g., advice on the use of administrative data) and liasioning with implementation partners
- Track energy and environment policy developments and trends in India and beyond
- Support grant reporting by drafting technical progress reports for our sponsors
- Organize programmatic capacity building and training sessions, and other policy activities
- Any other related tasks on an as needed basis, including (but not limited to) desk/literature survey and support in preparation of meetings and presentations for developing new partnerships, as assigned by EPIC India’s senior management.
- Post-graduate degree in economics, International development, Management, Engineering and/or other related fields with at least one year of related experience, or undergraduate degree with at least two years of related work experience
- The ideal candidate has prior research and/or project coordination experience and keen attention to detail, as well as a willingness to learn and enthusiasm for economics and policy-relevant research
- Strong communication and writing skills are essential
- Strongly motivated to drive social impact and improve lives
- Fluent in both English and Hindi
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with partner organizations
- A sound understanding and/or demonstrated interest in energy and environment policy
- Knowledge of research design and delivery is preferred
- Ability to articulate complex ideas into impactful proposals/reports
- Experience in partnership development with research affiliates, think-tanks and funding organizations
- Start Date: August 1, 2023
- New Delhi
- In case of any query, please contact at [email protected].