About the Organization
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter.
About UNEP and PAGE
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) was launched in 2013 as a response to the call at Rio+20 to support those countries wishing to embark on greener and more inclusive growth trajectories. The partnership supports nations and regions in reframing economic policies and practices around sustainability to advance the 2030 Agenda to foster economic growth, create income and jobs, reduce poverty and inequality, and strengthen the ecological foundations of their economies. Additionally, PAGE offers a comprehensive and coordinated package of technical assistance and capacity building services.
PAGE brings together five UN agencies – UN Environment Programme (UNEP), International Labour Organization (ILO) UN Development Programme (UNDP), UN Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), and UN Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) – whose mandates, expertise and networks combined can offer integrated and holistic support to countries on inclusive green economy, ensuring coherence and avoiding duplication.
Below given are the four outcomes envisaged under PAGE Programme-
- The country has reinforced and integrated inclusive green economy (IGE) goals and targets into SDG-aligned national economic and development planning through multi-stakeholder collaboration.
- Implementing evidence-based sectoral and thematic reforms in line with national IGE priorities.
- The country has strengthened individual, institutional and planning capacities for IGE action.
- National and regional stakeholders, including green economy champions, decision-makers, practitioners, and youth representatives, access and apply knowledge for advancing IGE
PAGE in India
India joined the PAGE programme in 2018. UNEP the lead agency for implementing PAGE in India. The primary nodal ministry for PAGE in India, is the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC), which is also the nodal ministry of the Government of India for Sustainable Development Goals 12, 13 and 15. PAGE also engages with other sectoral line Ministries/Departments in India, for implementation of the country programme with an integrated approach.
About the Role
A consultant is required to provide technical assistance to the PAGE India Nodal UN agency (UN Environment Programme, India Country Office) to identify areas of scaling up PAGE support in India with a focus on circular and green economy.
The consultant will report to the Programme Management Officer, UNEP India Country Office.
To facilitate in identification of areas of scaling up PAGE support in India with a focus on circular and green economy and to provide backstop assistance to the PAGE India Nodal UN agency (UNEP), for effective implementation of PAGE-UNEP activities in India .
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- An advanced university degree in environmental science/ environmental economics/social science, natural science/ equivalent academic qualifications, or bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of experience in working on environmental issues is required.
- Experience of developing technical and analytical reports.
- Experience of working in the area of circular economy/ resource efficiency/green economy/ Environment and Social Governance and other related field would be an advantage.
- Working experience in a multicultural environment including United Nations would be an asset.
- Working experience in a government system (at national or subnational level) would be an advantage.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage”.
How to Apply
How to Apply
|For Official Notification & To Apply
|Join our Telegram Channel
|Follow us on Instagram
|Join our WhatsApp Groups