TISSNET is a computer based exam conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences for admission to their masters programmes, the most popular being Human Resource Management and Labour Relations. This exam is highly popular among MBA aspirants as the course offered by TISS is equivalent in value to an MBA in HR.
The TISS-NET exam consists of questions based on 6 areas. The General Awareness part will be of 40 marks, English Proficiency will be of 30 marks and Maths and Logical Reasoning of 30 marks.
There are a lot of books in the market which claim to be the best for TISSNET preparation making it difficult for candidates to decide which one to follow. These books will also be helpful to those candidates who are preparing for other MBA entrance exams. Here, we have shortlisted some of the best books for various sections of TISSNET.
Must Check: Course Wise Cutoff’s
Mathematics and Logical reasoning
This section corresponds to the Quant section of CAT. But the level of questions in TISS is easier as compared to CAT. So the set of books will remain the same but the level of questions that you should practice is the basic ones. This means that all you need to focus on is concept clarity. Not much advanced questions are asked. The following books can help you-
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT; by Sarvesh K Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT; by Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations; RS Aggarwal
Note: Refer any one book.
This section is similar to the Verbal Ability section of CAT. The nature of questions remains the same like Reading Comprehension, cloze test, grammar etc. But the level is much lesser than CAT. So you need not follow CAT level books instead you can try the following-
Note: Refer any one book.
This is one of the most important and toughest sections of TISSNET. The syllabus for this is also very vast. The questions are based on national and international current affairs, social issues in India and the world etc. As such there is no single book which can help you prepare this part. You can refer to a combination of all these books-
- Manorama Year Book
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Read Indian Express/ The Hindu
- GK Today App (Free of Cost)
- Hitbulls Eye GK Capsule (Free of Cost)
- Refer to Websites such as Society for Human Resource Management, People’s Matter, and Read Corporate News of last 1 year from platforms like Oliveboard and Jagran Josh Corporate Current Affairs.
- TISS PAT is completely new and it has been introduced from this year.
- Basically, PAT is a 45 mins test conducted for individual programmes. The duration of the PAT is 45 minutes if candidates selected only one programme. If candidates selected two programmes the duration of the PAT will be 90 minutes and for three programmes the duration will be 135 minutes. TISS will release details of TISS PAT in upcoming days. Till then focus on your TISS NET preparation.
Along with preparing from these books, it is recommended that you regularly take mock tests. This will help you in analyzing your strengths and weaknesses and work on them accordingly.
Must Practice Previous Year Question papers