About the Organisation
Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW) is one of Asia’s leading not-for-profit policy research institutions. The Council uses data, integrated analysis, and strategic outreach to explain – and change – the use, reuse, and misuse of resources. The Council addresses pressing global challenges through an integrated and internationally focused approach. It prides itself on the independence of its high-quality research, develops partnerships with public and private institutions, and engages with the wider public.
The Lead Coordinator will drive the conceptualisation, planning and delivery of the preparatory phases of the project, envisaged as an 18-month set of consultations across different continents. The Lead will ensure the consultations are attended by the right people, have the right preparatory material, are well facilitated and lead to dynamic outcomes that are fundable and supportable by a wide network of stakeholders. They will liaise with staff members leading complementary work at CEEW, CAF and other partners to ensure alignment between the dialogues and the broader clean air action ecosystem.
S/he will be the one-point contact for the CEO for strategic communications, organising high-level convenings, and end-to-end project management across the initiative and ensuring successful outcomes. S/he will have a say in guiding the work, shaping its intellectual structure and dynamics, while ensuring a growing circle of experts, thought leaders, political influencers and champions are engaged and supportive towards the initiative. The post holder will be accountable for powering the in-person meetings which are the engine for building Our Common Air.
- With key partners, flesh out the rationale and strategy for Our Common Air to ensure it is clear, politically savvy and well placed to advance the goal of cleaner air for all.
- Planning, organising and leading convenings across the duration of the initiative.
- Stakeholder management and handling different work streams across the entire project.
- Building strong relationships across stakeholder groups to connect them with CEEW’s work and create collaboration opportunities.
- Leading CEEW’s outreach efforts with domestic and international institutions as well as experts and leaders within government, academia, industry and civil society organisations.
- Drawing on existing research to ‘connect the dots’ to deliver on the ask from the above parties; being mindful of setting feasible milestones (given the research nature of work) and building trusted relationships.
- Support CEO stakeholder meetings through participation and notetaking, synthesising information for meaningful takeaways.
- Through various forms of engagement and outreach, with each consultation and its outputs and aftermath building towards the next engagement, work towards ultimate agreement on the shape of an effective programme to drive global action on clean air.
- Recognising that there are existing international mechanisms and organisations tackling air pollution, ensure their perspectives, strengths and interests are represented, while ensuring the r Common Air forum can go beyond each individual entity.
- Master’s degree with a specialisation in international relations/public policy/governance/environmental science/ Economics/ Finance.
- Familiarity with environmental and in particular global air pollution issues.
- 12-15 years of relevant work experience.
- Prior experience of leading initiatives across India and internationally and a track record of project leadership.
- Knowledge and passion for air quality.
- Experience in navigating and establishing relationships at the highest-levels with international stakeholders, government and civic groups.
- Experience in working on/air quality issues or environment or health
- Proven track record in leading meetings and convenings at the highest levels.
- Extremely strong project management acumen – ability to handle multiple workstreams together while keeping the initiative’s platforms at the centre.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable negotiating skills, with an ability to think strategically around trade-offs and longer-term goals.
- A passionate leader who thrives on implementing strategy and its execution.
- A self motivated individual with a disciplined work approach.
- Ability to adapt and deliver under deadlines in a professional environment.
- Ability to dig deeper into details, while also keeping a sense of the broader objectives and big picture.
- Willingness to learn, grow and develop at personal and professional front.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment.
CEEW operates in a dynamic environment and the candidate will be required to show flexibility in undertaking a variety of tasks.
- Competitive compensation – commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organizations for similar roles.
How to Apply?
|Join our Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Follow us on LinkedIn||Click Here|
|Follow us on Instagram||Click Here|
|Join our WhatsApp Groups||Click Here|
|Apply for this Recruitment||APPLY HERE|