NalandaWay Foundation invites applications from female candidates for the position of Junior Associate based in Gurugram.
About the Organisation
NalandaWay Foundation is a non-profit that works with children from disadvantaged communities in India, helping them raise their voices and issues through art. Our endeavor is to improve learning abilities, reinforce positive behavior and help children soar high by enabling them to be creative and express themselves through visual and performing Arts.
This programme seeks to provide support to young girls from disadvantaged backgrounds to become confident and independent young women, through a long engagement of various interventions focussing on multi-dimensional development – i.e. physical, mental, emotional, cognitive and livelihood.
- This position is based out of Gurgaon.
Roles and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the Junior Associate – Project Sakhi are as follows:
- In consultation with the Project Manager and Sr. Manager, identify the area, institution for the intervention. Select the Sakhi girls who will be part of the intervention and conduct orientation sessions along with seeking consent.
- Seek permissions from the relevant departments and institutions to run the project, collate documentation, and getting MoUs with the support of the Manager.
- Plan timetables. Schedule, and conduct Sakhi sessions with the selected girls on a regular basis.
- Coordinate and schedule academic and expert-led sessions by subject matter experts in the school/ centre in accordance with the concepts focussing on the expected learning outcomes for the month / year.
- Visit and establish a rapport with the authorities/ staff in the above institution/school/centre regularly
- Co-ordinate with the Manager/Sr. manager for community events to showcase and apply the learning by the Scholars (organize performances, talent display etc.)
- Maintain all documentation such as individual case records of the participants on a regular basis
- Establish relationship with the caregivers/family of the participants and share program details and progress of the participants
- Conduct baseline and evaluation surveys as per the M&E plan and contribute to reporting.
- Capture stories, feedback, photographs of the activities, maintain attendance and share it for reporting.
- Any other activities/tasks assigned by the Senior Manager.
- Manage the team of external mentors, their schedule and follow-up reviews.
- Gender: Female
- Language proficiency: Read, write and speak Hindi and English
- Work experience: 1-2 years’ relevant experience
How to Apply
- Interested Female Candidates can send their updated CV with cover email to [email protected]
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram groups to stay updated with all opportunities!