Applications are invited for Social Workers (Full Time) at TISS Mumbai for the year 2021. Walk-in-Interview is scheduled for 28 & 29 September 2021.
A total of 06 Social Workers are required for full-time work at 6 Special Cells for Women – 1 each at Darbhanga, East Champaran (Motihari), Bhagalpur, Gaya and 2 at Araria. TISS hereby issues this advertisement for the 6 positions of social workers, as authorised by WCDC, Govt. of Bihar, for the selection of suitable candidates for the same.
- The candidate must have a post-graduate qualification in social work (M.A. in Social Work/MSW) from Central/Deemed/State-Recognized University. The candidates based in Bihar, possessing Master’s degree in other social sciences such as Women Studies, Psychology, Sociology, may also be considered at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
- The candidate must also have 2 years work experience in the social-development sector. Those with 2 years’ relevant work experience on the issue of gender-based violence, specifically in direct casework and/or intervention work on women’s issues at the grass-root level will be given preference.
- Candidate must demonstrate willingness to travel across the allotted district, and within Bihar and occasionally to other States as per programme requirements detailed in section on job description above.
- Verbal and written fluency in local languages/dialects as spoken in the specific district is essential, and working knowledge of English and comfort with the use of computers & internet is also necessary.
- Individual and group interventions to end violence against women – incl. Social casework processes, empowerment & behavioral change facilitation, referrals and pre-& during litigation support to women & child survivors of violence and their families, and engaging with men (respondents/perpetrators of violence, male family members) and with NGO & Governmental Departmental representatives (especially Police) in violated women & children’s best interests (i.e. facilitating multi-agency coordinated response).
- Planning, awareness-building and capacity-building, in compliance with programmatic, strategic & financial management for the Special Cells for Women programme across the allotted district in which the Special Cell is functional.
- Networking & advocacy on issues of violence against women &children, and intervention in situations of violence as experienced and reported by women& children, with NGOs & Governmental Departments, at district & sub- district levels.
- Writing, editing reports & compiling data extensively and regularly for purposes of programme documentation, official record etc.
- Periodic travel across the allotted district, within the U.T. of State and occasionally to other States of India as per programme requirements of training, exposure fieldwork, campaigns, regional meetings etc.
Walk-in interviews will be held at Patna. Interested and eligible candidates may arrive at the venue directly on any one of the following dates and register.
- Dates of walk-in interview: 28th September 2021 (Tuesday) and 29th September 2021 (Wednesday)
- Address: Women & Child Development Corporation, R. Block, Daroga Rai Path, Road No – 2, Patna, Bihar 800001
- Registration time: 9:30a.m. – 12:00p.m. Maximum of 50 registrations will be accepted on each day.
Location & Salary
- The stated positions are full-time and based in the abovementioned 6 districts of Bihar. The selected social workers will be contractually employed and will be paid a consolidated honorarium of INR 25,000/- per month.
- Once appointed, the social worker will be expected to reside in the district allocated to them for the duration of their appointment and deputation for full-time work at Special Cell.
- The programme’s service provision process requires that each Special Cell must have 2 social workers, at least 1 being a woman, to respond to violated women’s own preference & needs.
- Candidates in the age group of 22-50 years, possessing necessary educational qualification, prior relevant work experience as detailed in section 3 below, with proficiency in local language/dialect of the district and based in Bihar will be given preference.