About the Organisation
Wipro Foundation represents Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives of Wipro Limited. Going back over two decades, the foundation focuses on social initiatives in Education, Health, Ecology, and Disaster Response.
About the Role
We are looking for an individual with passion and commitment to urban ecology issues with a focus on water. The person should have a grounded understanding of water and waste-water cycle and flows in urban India, with a keen eye on governance and systemic issues in its management. Some of these are in the areas of municipal supplies, ground water management, surface water bodies, storm water, sewage treatment systems – and connected issues of water availability and distribution, quality, flooding and downstream pollution among others. The individual should be able to engage and hold conversations with diverse groups – community based organisations, government, civil society and academia. The individual would seek to facilitate unique projects, programs, collaborations and help inform larger practice and policy. Considering the central role of advocacy, the person should be seeking ways for wider and engaging ways of disseminating knowledge and work done through social media, websites / blogs and local journals. The role also requires curating an urban water platform.
- Relevant Experience: 3-4 years in the areas of urban ecology and/or water.
- Employment type– Initially on Contract (12 Months)
- Base Location: Bangalore (travel to other cities on needs basis).
- Note: This is a full-time role and will involves regular travel to partners’ locations within India.
- Interest and commitment in issues of urban ecology, urban planning and urban commons
- Believes in the power of collaborations and partnerships
- Proactive and self-driven
- Ability to handle multiple tasks that are both programmatic and administrative in nature
- Agility and ability to handle ambiguity; and not adopt a rigid approach
- Excellent networking and communication skills (written and verbal)
- A fast and keen learner who is willing to experiment, research and find unique ways ofengagement
- Well versed with productivity applications (O365 Word, Excel, PowerPoint), website contentmanagement, collaboration tools
How to Apply
- Applications (include a CV and a statement of alignment to the purpose) should be sent by 19h June 2021 to [email protected]
- For the Official Notification, Click HERE