About the Organisation
United Way Mumbai is a registered non-profit organization working in urban and rural communities across India to identify and implement the most impactful solutions to community problems. We are part of the 130+ year old United Way movement spread across 40 countries. Across the world, United Way fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community.
Based on a deep understanding of the Indian development sector, United Way Mumbai has distilled six priority areas and created solutions that go beyond short-term charity. These six areas of focus encompass the most pressing social problems of our communities and the solutions are designed to address their root causes. The six areas of focus are Education, Health, Income, Environment, Public Safety and Social Inclusion.
The position is part of United Way Mumbai’s Community Relations team responsible for mapping the development sector, liaising with our NGO partners, building capacities and identifying high impact projects.
A. Sector mapping
- To study and map the development sector, identify and highlight best practices and synergies with UWM mandates
- To develop and maintain a pan India database of prospective partners and projects across multiple thematic areas
- To ensure thorough due diligence of prospective partners and guide them through registration and onboarding process
B. Relationship Building
- To be the interface and first point of contact for NGOs partnering with / interested in partnering with United Way Mumbai.
- To develop and maintain relationships with NGO partners.
C. Project Development & Monitoring
- To liaise with NGOs for project identification, design and proposal development
- To visit partner organizations (only after Covid restrictions are eased), review programmes, deliverables and impact
- To identify areas of need and support capacity building efforts for NGO partners
- Candidates with a Masters in Social Work / Development Studies / Social Sciences would be preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hindi (spoken) and in English (written)
- High level of attention to detail is a key skill required for this role
- Subject to relevant qualification, experience & merit. The salary range is INR 3.6 – 4.2 lakh per annum
HOW TO APPLY
- For the Official Notification and Application, Click HERE