TISS Mumbai invites applications for Counsellor, Saksham Pravaah for the year 2021.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences is a multi-campus public research university in Mumbai, India. It is Asia’s oldest institute for professional social work education and was founded in 1936 in then Bombay Presidency of British India as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work by the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust.
Details of the Position
- Name of the Post: Counsellor, Saksham Pravaah
- Location: Ratnagiri, PCMC, Kalyan, Vasai-Virar MC (Maharashtra)
- Duration: Till March 2024
- Post graduate in Social Work (Health & Mental Health or Public Health or Community Organization)/ M.A. (Counselling or Clinical Psychology)/ Master in Public Health/ Master in Health Administration.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience in health related counselling. E.g., HIV/AIDS, RCH, TB, STI, ART, suicide prevention.
- Good communication skills – written as well as spoken – in English, Hindi and local Language.
- Knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel and PPT.
- Willingness to travel within the assigned district.
- Willingness to work with TB patients and their caregivers.
- Local candidates will be preferred.
- Register Drug Resistant (DR) TB patients for counselling services and provide regular counselling to ensure treatment adherence.
- Undertake home visits to DR TB patients within the district for providing follow up counselling
- Provide counseling services to family members of the DR TB patients and refer them for TB diagnosis if required
- Liaise with District TB staff to monitor treatment adherence of TB patient at community level
- Improve TB-HIV linkages and link with ART centers.
- Link DR TB patients to social protection schemes and other health services as required
- Ensure timely documentation & reporting as per program need.
- Maintain registers and records as per Saksham, TISS guidelines
- Attend quarterly meetings as specified by Saksham, TISS
How to Apply
- Please send the following documents by e-mail to hr.sakshamp[at]gmail.com along with the following subject line as ‘Counselor, (District name)– Saksham Pravaah’
- A Cover Letter (Mention the district applying for)
- Your updated curriculum vitae with your academic record and experience.