About the Organization
At the United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women held in Beijing in 1995, delegates set a goal to ensure 30 per cent women in positions of public leadership. Since then, around 100 countries have introduced affirmative action policies, resulting in a doubling of the global average of women in national parliaments from 11.3% in 1995 to 24.3% in 2018. However, India’s performance leaves much to be desired. According to data released by the Inter-Parliamentary Union in 2021, India is ranked 148 out of 193 countries when it comes to representation of women in its national parliament. In India, politics is still seen as a male bastion. Women in politics face multifarious challenges – sexism of voters, family and social pressure, misogynistic counterparts, financial struggle, lack of policy and subject knowledge etc. Faced with these roadblocks, very few women enter politics, and even fewer sustain a long political career.
Femme First Foundation is a non-partisan, non-profit organisation committed to amplifying women leadership in Indian politics. It is an undeniable fact that politics encompasses all the elements of society, making it the most influential route to effect positive change. Keeping this in mind, under the leadership of Ms. Angellica Aribam, Femme First Foundation aims to nurture and groom women political leaders for a brighter and better India.
About the Role
We are looking for a digital-savvy community associate to take control of our online voice. They will be involved in various activities such as communications, social media, events, and content creation. They will be expected to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week, which may vary at times. Through this role, they will have the opportunity to interact closely with both, emerging and experienced women leaders in positions of political leadership, and to influence discourse at the intersection of gender and politics. Candidates from marginalised communities are encouraged to apply.
- Location: Work-from-home
- Application Deadline: All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis till the position is filled.
- Expected Starting Date: 1st September 2021
- No. of positions: 1
- Type: Part-Time, Paid
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set, plan, and implement social media and communication campaigns and strategies
- Provide engaging text, image, and video content for all social media and professional accounts
- Respond to queries in a timely manner
- Support the back-end of online events and courses hosted by the organization
- Be the point of contact for all participants of the organisation’s courses & programs
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
- Research skills
- Proactive and motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of designing software like Canva, Photoshop, etc.
- Knowledge of video editing is an advantage
How to Apply
- Submit the below documents and fill the application form here.
- Resume (max 1 page)
- Cover letter
- Work Sample
- Shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete a task prior to being invited for an online interview.
- Additional Information: The Community Associate will be expected to work from home and need a functioning internet connection, computer/laptop and a smartphone.
- Incase of any queries, feel free to reach out to Ankita Phalle at [email protected]
- CLICK HERE, for the Official Notification.