Institute for Human Development (IHD) is a reputed Research Institute recognised by the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR). The Institute invites applications from dynamic, motivated and meticulous individuals for the position of “Communication Assistant”.
About the IHD
The Institute for Human Development (IHD) is a leading research Institute specializing in the areas of labour markets, employment, human development and related issues. IHD is committed in its pursuit of research excellence to equality of opportunity and to creating an inclusive working environment. It solicits all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of personal/family background, gender, age, disability, caste, religion, ethnicity, etc. To promote diversity and social inclusion, it encourages women and other social groups hitherto under-represented in modern professions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Communication Manager to develop and execute communications plans, including social media and outreach strategies
- Manage Institute’s Journals in association with the Editor/Associate Editor
- Editing of documents and manuscripts assigned time to time by the Institute
- Help plan and maintain IHD’s online media platforms (website, Facebook, Twitter,etc.) and ensure that information is posted regularly
- Assist in preparing academic and annual reports of the Institute
- Assist in publishing of major publications of the Institute
- Assist the Communication Manager in organising events
- Assist the Communication Manager as needed
- Work experience of at least 1-2 years, preferably with the development sector
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences or equivalent training/experience, in relevantareas of communications, public affairs, journalism etc.
- Excellent writing skills with proven proficiency in proofreading, fact checking,editing and rewriting copy to ensure quality and accuracy of writtencommunications
- Thorough working knowledge of tools and technology for web content and socialmedia management
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting set deadlines
- Exposure to basic design/layout experience desired
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates may apply online by CLICKING HERE on or by 10 November 2021.
- CLICK HERE, for the Official Notification.
- Documents Needed:
- Cover letter (addressing how you meet the necessary qualifications and outlining why you want to work for IHD)
- A recent writing sample up to one page long
- Compensation: Negotiable
- Contact for enquiries: +91 9871177540; [email protected]