Feminism In India is an award-winning feminist media organisation with intersectional feminism at its core praxis. It aims to learn, educate and develop a feminist consciousness among the youth. It is required to unravel the F-word and demystify all the negativity surrounding it. FII amplifies the voices of women and marginalized communities using tools of art, media, culture, technology and community.
We are looking for a full-time person, based out of or willing to move to New Delhi for the post of Business Manager at FII. This position would require you to primarily work on business development, management and implementation for the organisation and to identify new business opportunities for FII. The role is based out of our office in New Delhi.
Feminism In India is an affirmative action employer and preference will be given to individuals from marginalised castes (SC, ST, OBC), religions, genders, sexualities and ability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assess and identify new opportunities for growth and revenue generation for FII.
- Bring forth innovative ideas for marketing and branding that could help build FII’s identity and value.
- Manage and interact with clients to increase advertising sales for the FII Jobs and Opportunities board.
- Research, evaluate and track market data to manage and increase engagement for the FII Membership Model.
- Manage and oversee all sales and marketing activities for the FII Merchandise store.
- Identify target audiences and analyze their behavior, characteristics, and routines and scan the media marketplace to keep up-to-date on the latest media trends.
- Handle and process correspondence and paperwork related to client accounts for FII campaigns and partnerships.
- Oversee campaign budgets and negotiate costs for features such as advertising and social media campaigns.
- Contribute to other admin tasks and FII’s on-ground events as and when required.
- Weekend, night and holiday work might be required on a case to case basis.
- A Bachelors/Diploma/Masters degree in Business Administration or Management.
- Candidates should have 4-5 years of experience in a Sales and Marketing role, preferably in a media organisation.
- An understanding of data and analytical tools such as Google Analytics.
- Have strong analytical and number-crunching skills.
- An understanding of reader-supported media and how it works.
- Have clear written and verbal communications skills.
- Should be motivated to work with brand FII.
- Should be a self-starter, willing and able to take initiative.
- Someone who can commit a minimum of 2 years to the organisation. As a small independent media organisation, we need a dedicated team to sustain impact and grow the organisation.
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and work well with the team.
Other Important Details
- Deadline: 22nd August, 2021.
- Joining Date: 1st September, 2021.
- Note: The position is currently remote but the FII team will start working from the office as soon as public health guidelines permit the same.
How to Apply:
- Please send in the following documents to [email protected]
- two references (only names and contact information);
- a cover letter answering the questions below:
- Your experience, interest and availability
- Why do you wish to apply for this post?
- What are some of the ways or changes FII can implement to boost its business and income generating models?
- A short write-up of maximum 200 words on what intersectionality means to you, reflecting on your own social position.
- Current CTC and expected CTC (Remuneration will be based on experience and qualification of the applicant).