About the Organisation
TIDE is a Bangalore based NGO working on facilitating sustainable development in communities through technology interventions. As a conscious strategy to advocate environment sustainability with youth, TIDE has initiated the Model School Program. Apart from direct interventions at school around energy, water and waste management, the program engages students and staff with a curriculum that provides knowledge and tools on conservation and sustainability. The program also offers fruitful volunteering opportunities, for corporate volunteers, peers and alumnae, parents and local communities.
As the program scales, TIDE is looking for a candidate to assist the Model School team.
Primary Job responsibility
- ➢ Work with the TIDE team to implement the program in selected schools
- ➢ Liaison with schools, conduct need assessment and identify for partnering
- ➢ Contribute to creating school specific intervention package
- ➢ Implement the package in selected school campuses starting with baseline survey, interventions on energy, water and waste management (eg. solar roof top, water harvesting, waste segregation, water treatment and reuse, efficient electrical appliances, etc) and Curriculum delivery
- ➢ Facilitate volunteer engagement initiatives at the school
- ➢ Undertake activities to bring in ownership by school community including teachers, parents, and local community
- ➢ Track impact with data and document the same
- • Ethical and honest
- • Civil / Environmental engineering degree with a strong science & technology aptitude
- • Digital skills
- • Willing to travel extensively within Bangalore and out of station
- • Passion for environmental sustainability
- • Good communication skills (Kannada is must) and networking skills
- • Prior qualification / experience in education sector, particularly in Government schools
- • Familiarity with purchase / procurement processes and vendor management
- • Volunteer handling experience / CSR project experience
- Salary would start from Rs 25,000 per month for fresh candidates and go up to Rs 40,000 per month based on relevant qualification and experience. Freshers are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may please fill this form and attach the resume.
- Please write to [email protected] for any clarifications.
- Only those applications received through the form would be entertained.
- Last date to apply is 23rd August 2021.