McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm. We are the trusted advisor to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
We work with leading organizations across the private, public and social sectors. Our scale, scope, and knowledge allow us to address problems that no one else can. We have deep functional and industry expertise as well as breadth of geographical reach. We are passionate about taking on immense challenges that matter to our clients and, often, to the world.
- Capabilities & Insights Analyst – Organization
- Master’s or PhD degree in business administration, organizational behavior, industrial psychology, human resources, sociology or equivalent expierence in a related field
- 1+ years of relevant industry, research, consulting or analytics experience in the relevant domain
- Good perspective on organizational trends including how best in class companies are leading their thinking on org design, culture, talent, leadership along with the new ways of working amid the new normal
- Good understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms is a plus
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; experience working with large volume of data with ability to solve performance issues
- Ability to visualize and report insights creatively in variety of formats to various stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to deliver outputs independently on tight timelines
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will leverage your understanding of trends, issues and concepts to efficiently respond to complex research questions by delivering synthesized, actionable facts and insights to our consulting teams and clients.
- In this role, you will work alongside senior knowledge professionals on larger client projects and internal knowledge initiatives. By collecting and analyzing data and information found in databases and/or other primary and secondary research tools, you will assemble a fact base, counsel consultants and clients on the scope of the business and economic trends surrounding the issue, and provide insights and analysis for solving client problems at hand.
- Your day-to-day tasks will include identifying the key issues for the problem at hand and determining the most appropriate solution while effectively balancing quality, availability, timeliness and cost factors. You’ll perform a variety of analyses such as benchmarking, trend identification, opportunity scanning, etc., in order to add value to problem-solving discussions. You’ll provide synthesis, insight and client implications within tight deadlines via end products in the form of PowerPoint charts, written memos, models and framework. In time, you will also participate in, and eventually lead, internal knowledge development and capability-building initiatives and you’ll use advanced analytics tools to prepare and analyze large datasets to distill insights.