The Centre for Teaching and Learning, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) invites applications for the position of Case Writer.
About IIM B
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is a public business school and Institute of National Importance located in Bangalore, India. Founded in 1973, it was the third IIM to be established, after IIM Calcutta and IIM Ahmedabad.
The case writer:
- Works with faculty guidance to develop case studies and course materials including teaching notes, teaching plans, and other content.
- Works closely with multiple faculty members and is responsible for conducting research and gathering information and data through interviews, online searches, the library, and other resources.
- Is at ease juggling multiple projects and works independently while seeking guidance as needed from peers and faculty.
- Develops and maintains IIMB Writing Style guidelines.
- Promotes the development of Indian cases through publications on appropriate national and international platforms.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with other case development centers across the world.
- Plans for new initiatives, activities, and the future growth of the Centre as per the set standards.
- Plans and organizes case development and analysis workshops and other required training opportunities for capability building
- Facilitates, supports, and enlists IIMB / visiting faculty to write business cases.
- Plans, organizes and provides the required assistance.
- Collaborates with international publishing houses to promote IIMB case studies.
- Coordinates events for brand building and strengthening the ecosystem.
- The candidate should be a Graduate in English, Journalism, Communication, or a related field.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 6-12 years’ experience.
- However, candidates with less experience who are deemed competent will also be considered.
- The ability to manage shifting timelines, drafts, and deliverables and proficiency at creating and managing all case components ( for eg. content, tables, charts, graphs).
- The ability to conduct interviews with senior management of organizations as guided by the faculty members for writing cases.
- Interpersonal skills to work with senior faculty members and meet their expectations.
- Willingness to learn and absorb new ideas and follow the latest development in the fields of business, government, and institutions.
- Monthly CTC will be in the range of Rs. 46,000 to Rs. 74,000
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Note:This position is on contract. Selected candidates should be prepared to take up the assignment immediately. The maximum age limit for being appointed under these Rules will ordinarily not exceed 60 years for Non-teaching staff, subject to the discretion from the director.
- Last date to apply is June 17, 2021.
- For the Official Notification, Click HERE