Applications are invited for Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program 2022. The last date of application is 16 January 2022.
About Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program
The Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program is a globally competitive fellowship program for early and mid-career researchers whose work is dedicated to improving the learning and development of children and youth worldwide.
The relevant disciplines include, but are not limited to, education sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, behavioral science, computer science, pedagogy, linguistics, neurosciences, and science of learning.
The ideal candidate
- has obtained his/her PhD or equivalent degree within the past 10 years;
- is employed at an institution of higher education or research institute;
- is conducting high-quality research in an area of interest to the Jacobs Foundation;
- is committed to engaging with the Jacobs Foundation and the Fellowship Network and contributing to the Foundation’s activities.
|Target Group||Highly talented early career researchers.|
The ideal candidate has received his/her PhD or equivalent degree within the past 10 years.
|Funding amount||CHF 150’000|
|Funding period||3 years|
|Number of fellowships per year||Up to 12|
|Use of funds to cover the fellow’s salary||Up to 50% of the grant amount|
|Funding of overhead / indirect costs||Up to 10% of the total amount of funding (i.e. CHF 15’000) in addition to the basic grant|
|Additional funding||Fellows may apply for additional funding at the end of the fellowship to conduct further projects with a focus on evidence to action and scientific capacity building.|
- Click on Post Application.
- Register on the Spigit website to gain access. If you already have an account, sign in directly.
- Fill in the online application form. You may save your application at any time and finish later.
- Applications must be completed by January 16, 2022, 23.59 CET. After this time, the application form will automatically close.
Three additional documents must be submitted:
To be uploaded in connection with the application form:
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae, including a list of the candidate’s scientific publications
- A published scientific paper by the candidate
To be sent separately to the Jacobs Foundation:
- A 1-page recommendation letter from a senior researcher, within or outside of the candidate’s department, supporting the candidate and describing his/her qualifications, initiative, and research. This letter should be sent directly to fellowship[at]jacobsfoundation.org.
Recommendation letters have to be sent by January 16, 2022, 23.59 CET.
Incomplete applications and applications not submitted via the online application form will not be considered.
|Application Phase||November 23, 2021 – January 16, 2022 (23.59 CET)||Open to researchers around the world|
|Review of initial application||January 17 – April 6||Jacobs Foundation staff in close collaboration with external reviewers from College for Interdisciplinary Educational Research (CIDER), The Life Course: Evolutionary and Ontogenetic Dynamics (LIFE), and the Swiss Graduate School for Cognition, Learning and Memory (CCLM).|
|Invitation to submit an extended proposal||April 7 – May 16 (23.59 CET)||Up to 60 applicants will be invited to submit an extended proposal. The relevant information will be posted on this page in a timely manner.|
|Review of extended proposal||May 25 – July 10||Jacobs Foundation staff in close collaboration with external experts:tbd|
|Interview with the foundation||August 22-26||Up to 25 applicants will be invited to participate in a 20-minute interview with the Foundation. Invitations will be extended at least 5 days prior to the proposed interview date.|