EngenderHealth is a 501 nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C., active in women’s health and sexual and reproductive health operating in nearly 20 countries Africa, Asia, and the Americas.
About the TARUNYA Program
EngenderHealth’s TARUNYA project provides technical support to the Government of Bihar in implementing the National Adolescent Health program. The project expands the scope of adolescent health programming in India—getting away from isolated, vertical programming and instead promoting integrated services. In addition to addressing the availability of services, we are prioritizing the need to engage adolescents in promoting their own health and well-being.
The internship is open for students who are in the process of completion or have recently completed MPH or equivalent course and wish to have exposure to public health domain, especially in the area of Adolescent Health. The internship is of three months’ duration. The interns are expected to work with program staff and assist in various programmatic activities of the project. They will be suitably guided by country office staff.
- TITLE: Interns- TARUNYA project- One position
- PROGRAM/OFFICE: TARUNYA project- India country office
- REPORTS TO: Senior Program Officer
- LENGTH /TIMELINE: 3 months
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in synthesising case studies and documentation of learnings from EngenderHealth’s Adolescent health projects
- Support in developing of guide for parents of adolescents
- Support in reviewing literature, synthesising and conduct secondary data analysis of studies in area of gender, youth and other social determinants (GYSI) that affect access to SRH services, especially for adolescents
- Support in designing tools, and monitoring of data collection for proposed GYSI power analysis
- Prepare and edit documents and presentations related to project under guidance of project team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills
- MPH or equivalent (or higher) degree. Preference will be given to candidates who have good research background in area of gender and youth.
- Fluent in literature review, some knowledge of research protocols is desirable.
- Excellent skills at computers (word, Power point, excel) is essential. Knowledge of statistical software(STATA/SPSS) is desirable.
- Must be comfortable and respectful of EngenderHealth’s programming that promotes sexual and reproductive rights, gender equality, sexual diversity and LGBTQ rights.
How to Apply
- For Official Notification and Application, Click HERE